Have you ever crashed and burned after being touched by God and spewed on those you love most?
Ladies’ retreats are my favorite place to be in the world. I love filling up on girl talk, dark chocolate, Diet Coke and flavored coffee. I love crying happy tears, sad tears, hopeful tears, excited tears. Retreats are the perfect place to relieve stress and express emotion. I love late nights with the girls and early mornings with Jesus.
I come home talked out and filled up. Sleep-deprived and Jesus-full. Seems like sleep-deprived lasts days longer than Jesus-full.
I’m no longer the encourager wife, I’m the worn-out mom. My thoughts go from, “Thank you, Lord,” to “I’m so tired.”
This week I’d like for you to join me in a strategy to renew our strength.
Whether you’re coming off a Jesus-full weekend or just a sleep-deprived schedule, here are some promises to lean on until weariness gives way to true rest:
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:4
- Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10
- A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. Proverbs 17:22
- In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. Isaiah 30:15
- He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. Isaiah 40:29
- I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25
- Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
- Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Matthew 11:28
- So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Galatians 6:9
- Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:3
Pick an “energy” promise to own. Write it down on an index card and carry it with you. Over the next few days, pull it out and read it when your thought becomes, “I’m so tired.” Then connect with me and let me know how God renews your strength.
Leave a comment here.
Click here to tweet this challenge and invite your friends to trade tired and worn-down for revved-up and ready with Jesus!
Don't ever miss an installment of Glad Chatter. Simply enter your email address into the box at the upper left marked "subscribe."