home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, October 25, 2012

When life gives you dirt, just add water

He makes good things from dirt. Genesis 2:19 says, “From the dust of the earth, He made all living things.”


Dust.

Makes me think of all the dirt in my life. The gritty dirt I can’t get off my tile no matter how many times I sweep and the elephant-sized dirt I nonchalantly sweep under the proverbial rug.

Dirt.

Reminds me of the blind man so desperate for a miracle he allowed Jesus to put mud on his eyes. Mud made from the dust of the ground and the spit of Jesus’s mouth. 

Mud. 

“Jesus ... smoothed the mud over the man’s eyes, and told him, ‘Go and wash in the Pool of Siloam.’ So the man went where he was sent and washed and came back seeing!” (John 9:6-7)

Living Water changed that dirt. 

Holy mud.


Dare I take off my shoes, walk on the tile, wipe my feet? Will I allow Living Water to touch my feet. Change my dirt.

Living Water changes dirt. 

Dare I lift the proverbial rug, exposing the elephant? Living Water changes elephant-sized dirt. 

Big dirt = Big miracle.

When life offers dirt, just add water. Living Water. 
Let God make something good out of your dirt.

If you identify with this, you can click here to tweet it.

Do you believe Living Water can change your dirt? It is my pleasure to pray courage for you to uncover the dirt every time I pray for me. Just leave a comment below.

Never miss an installment of Glad Chatter as I work to establish a regular posting routine. Just type your email in the subscribe box in the upper left sidebar. 

3 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Love this Lisa! Amen x100! :) Love you and seeing all God is doing in and through you.

Warren said...

I did a sermon Sunday on "Jacob's Ladder" in Genesis. Of course, it realy wasn't Jacob's ladder, as it wasn't for Jacob to go up. It was for God to come down and commune with his people. Anyway, after the vision Jacob was struck by the reality that, even in this "uncertain place" God could be found. The story challenged me to think if I was able to see God even in "uncertain places," like the dirt and mud you just wrote about.

Great post!

BTW, after Jacob returned home, and saw the brother who at one time wanted to kill him, Jacob said that seeing this brother was like seeing the face of God. If we look, we really can see God anywhere.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jenn said...

um.. this is an awesome post. i love it!! seeing you also makes me smile big!