home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Appreciate the Gift: A Confident Heart

Photo courtesy of bestgiftsfor.net via google
Life. The truest gift. The purest gift. The freest gift I’ve ever received.

I received life as a baby. Against all odds.

I received life as a teenager. Against all odds.

I received life as an adult. Against all odds.

I received life as a sinner. When every odd was against me, heaven was for me. God gave His Son. [For God so loved [Lisa] He gave His only Son that all who believe in Him should not die but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)] I received life. Abundantly.

Living out a life can prove difficult. Tending to over-think, under-act in life, I become overly cautious and under achieving. Some call it hesitancy or fear. Some call it waiting or maturing. There is a fine line between the two. A fine line that separates a life fully lived and a life fully watched.

I want to open my gift. Appreciate it. Love it. Use it all up until it’s crunched, scratched, emptied, repainted, refurbished and recycled. I want to show The Giver it’s my favorite, sleep cuddled up with it and carry it around with me all day long and brag on its beauty, value and usefulness.

Today I will stop asking why and start asking how. I will practice falling off until I learn to ride. I will give The Giver what He desires, my joy and excitement in receiving the gift, my undivided attention and effort while learning to use the gift. I will enjoy the gift accepting it without question in all of its extravagance, limitations, humility and responsibility.

Time to quit focusing on the handicap and start appreciating the gift.

“My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.”

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 The Message-emphasis mine

1 comment:

Linda said...

Amen! Life is a gift...and we need to appreciate it everyday!

I am becoming a follower today Lisa!
Maybe you will come for a visit at my place sometime.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits