home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Elephant

Picture source here

Ignoring it is not my style. Nor is sweeping it under the rug or walking around it in the center of the living room for so long it begins sitting in front of the couch with a plant on its back.

But I am setting it aside today. And asking it to stand and to lift each large leg as I vacuum under them and spray some Lysol where its hiney rests.

I intend to talk about the elephant in the room. Just not today. But I promise. I will. I will chat it up with you in true Glad Chatter fashion. I will spill the big, ugly truth right here on this blog where all seven of you who pop over to check on me from time to time will know where I’ve been for the last six months. **smiles**

I will take all the big ugly, spruce up each wrinkle, bling up the chub and we’ll sort and discuss until we all feel fuzzy warm inside and not just because we are sporting our velvety new Christmas scarves and  favorite furry slippers.

Today I am pretending having an elephant in your living room is the fanciest new Christmas decoration and hanging ornaments from its tusks and bedazzling its ears. I’m tying a giant sparkly bow to its tail and adding some gaudy rainbow blinky lights to its back. Then I’m giving it my favorite lepard earmuffs so it can’t hear me dish with you. About how I got here. Back online.

I’ve missed you, chatters. I’ve missed your hearts, your encouragement, your insight, your devotion to all things bloggy and all things Jesus. We Jesus gals needs to stick together, you know.

So today I’m sticking. I’m taking the fifty rolls of Scotch tape I just bought to wrap the gazillion gifts I have yet to buy and I’m sticking my heart right here on the screen. Its wrapped in a big bloggy hug and adorned with a sincere apology for just walking out on you, my seven faithful readers. **smiles**

Instead of introducing you to the elephant today, I’m taking a minute to pause in the panic of this holy season and thank Jesus for being with me. Even when I was not with you, He was. With you. And with me. And He is. With you. With me. With us.

God.With.Us. Emmanuel.

“Be silent, all mankind, before the Lord, for he has come to earth from heaven, from his holy home.” Zechariah 2:13

11 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Yay! Looking forward to catching up with your life sweet friend :-)

Danielle said...

I love you, my Sister! So glad to see you posting! I cannot wait to sas those ear muffs on the elephant and "sit across from you" as you dish. I know I'll feel transported to a wonderful time I had this past summer... In July.;-)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I missed you.

Fondly,
Glenda

Cindy said...

Well, I hope you consider me 1 of your '7' bloggy faithful. LOL. I've had my own elephant to clean around this holiday season yet due to negative comments I've kept him all to myself. I pray you are feeling well and inspired this Christmas season. I contine to pray for your family!!! Merry Jesus' Birthday!

Sandy @ God Speaks Today said...

I've missed you, too. I'm sorry we never talked on the phone--oh, we really must.

I was so excited to see your post pop up into my e-mail. I, for one, don't feel abandoned by you. I can't speak for all seven of us, though. :)

Love you, sis!
Sandy

His Girl said...

missed you, lady. *deep breath*

Mining for Diamonds said...

Wow, I have perfect timing once again! I have my own big ugly elephant I'm about to expose! I'll be tuning in to your blog and I hope you will do the same with me! Love you much! God bless you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Certainly can't wait until you unwrap that elephant, sister.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some encouragement. I sure wish we lived closer. We'd have a lot to chat about...

Hope you're doing well. I'm feeling more myself these days.

Blessed Advent walk, sister.

peace~elaine

CynthiaJSwenson said...

Sending love and prayers your way Lisa! God has been gently teaching me that it's just WRONG to read about my sisters' lives without a great deal of love, compassion, and prayer.Our testimonies are important though and we are going through circumstances that God can use to comfort others as well as testify to the power of God in our lives and our most precious faith! Blessings! In Jesus, Cynthia

Deborah said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Praying all is well. I hope you had blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.
xxoo
Deborah

Kim said...

I couldn't help but giggle when I read this...seems like there is an aweful lot of elephant naming going on in all our lives. In a conversation with someone yesterday, I found myself saying, "There's an elephant in the room and since noone else is going to name it, I am..." Tough stuff--but truth, like God loves prevails! Looking forward to chatting with more in 2012.