home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, August 26, 2011

Paybacks



Have you ever found yourself on the receiving end of spectacular? There are times when a mere ‘thank you’ doesn’t cut it on the gratitude scale.

Last year God gave me life. He spared me vicious side effects of cancer and made me healthy in record time. The very breaths I breathe are evidence of His grace. All I want to do is give God a giant payback. In response to His saving miracle in my life, my heart cries, “Use me to change the world for You.”

All I want is to pay back God. Thus, I wrestle with grace.

Grace is life freely given by the innocent sacrificially shed blood of My Savior, Jesus.

No, friends, thank you isn’t enough.

For it is by grace my lungs inflate. And it is by grace my soul expands.

It is grace that causes my soul to sing no matter how small my role in life.

Grace—freely given—humbly accepted.

Paybacks not required.

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name. Psalm 103:1

11 comments:

Keena said...

I share your sentiment but there is NO way we could ever payback to God all that he has given us. Thank God we Don't have to pay back and that Christ paid it back for us by dying in our place.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am glad you are back . . . I have missed your posts. Hope you had a great summer.

Fondly,
Glenda

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

I love this, Lisa! And I'm so happy to see you in my reader again.

brittany said...

what a powerful truth! there is nothing we can do in return for grace that would pay back His gift. instead, we must focus on paying that gift forward, extending to grace and love and His truth to the ends of the earth. love this post!

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

I don't think God is interested in being paid back. He only desires our love and obedience. It's really pretty simple, isn't it? Why is it so hard for so many of us to grasp? Blessings,

Laura said...

This just brings a lump to my throat, sweet girl. I'm so grateful for the way God delivered you. So grateful for your testimony. Yes! We get grace. Such an amazing gift.

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

So happy you're back, Lisa! I always imagine that God wants us to pay Him back by paying His goodness forward. Showing his light to the world. I think you're doing that already!

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, good to hear from you again! Great Post! and sadly to say We CAN NEVER OUT~LOVE our Savior! praising Him for that Amazing Grace this morning!! hope you have a great wk-end! Enjoyed your back again!!:)

Anonymous said...

HI, I just joined this community. I m from pakistan. I like this forum.......hope to learn lot of things here ;-)





------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Poker review blog Best Online Poker For Poker details

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Where would any of us be without grace?!

The very air I breathe today... thank you Jesus for sustaining my life.

peace~elaine

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

indeed bless HIS Name! He is 'the Name' - Ha-shem!!

love you girl!