home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, May 30, 2011

Remember


Lisa




I saw this here this morning and it struck a chord with me. My Papa was on a ship in Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. He fought. He survived. We live freely because of he fought courageously. My Papa is a man of valor. A brave hero.


My Dad served in the Army National Guard for many years. His training was part of our family. I missed him when he was gone but I was always proud. So proud. Although he never went to war, he prepared. Was ready. Trained others. I am always proud. So proud.

Today I’m remembering. Today I’m reminding my children to remember.

Will you join me in remembering?


PS Come back tomorrow for a give away!! Let's end this May series on a high note!

Visit my other "31 Days" Friends:




5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Of course I will join you. I was just telling a friend of mine that as a child growing up no one ever explained this day to me. It was just a fun family picnic day in the park! It's important that your children know.

LisaShaw said...

Amen! Grateful for the service and remembering with you with appreciation.

I pray all is well with you Lisa. Love your blog header and your beautiful smile.

bluecottonmemory said...

Men like your dad and grandfather leave an amazing legacy. Mine have been reading all day about WWII, P-51 Mustangs and these amazing men. Each tribute to a veteran is a blessing. Thanks for sharing your heritage!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Remembering, too.

Fondly,
Glenda

Essay Writing said...

Nice writing dude, you are doing great effort, your way of writing is unique, thanks for sharing such nice work. Keep more post dude…