home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, May 06, 2011

Grab Today and Pray it Forward


Lisa




Lisa Smith Glad Chatter


Messy heads have messy weeks. This week has been messy. 


I had an opportunity to visit with a sweet friend before she has her cancer surgery Monday. I grabbed it squeezing a visit in between two necessities--a hair appointment and a talent show tryout. I had so much fun gabbing in the therapeutic chair at Charlotte's, I got late. Rushing to lunch, I asked God to stretch my hours because it didn't seem I had as many as I needed.


God's responded to my cry: Today while it's still today encourage one another.


I peacefully went to lunch, saw two dear friends and got me some heart medicine. I thought God was commanding me to encourage her but, He was promising me a blessing too, if I would trust Him, slow down and focus on my friend instead of myself.


I learned a great lesson that day. Things always look better when my eyes are focused on someone other than me! I got all the necessities done that day. I didn't say done perfectly. But it did all work out in the end.


If you're feeling the pinch of sands squeezing through your hourglass or struggling with the blues, claim God's promise for us and sweet sister, go encourage someone while it's still called today. It's the best heart medicine.




But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. Hebrews 13:3


You can encourage some friends today by visiting:
Kathryn: Cancer surgery Monday. Pray the lymph nodes are clear and no surprises are found.
Courtney: Finishing chemo and preparing for stem cell transplant in a few weeks.
Jessica: Fighting chronic illness and having a messy week.
Joy: Had cancer surgery Tuesday and found ovarian cancer.


Take the button and link up girlfriends who need encouraging today here:

3 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Thank you for the beautiful inspiration this Friday morning!

Donnetta said...

I found you through this 31 day series and am enjoying your words.

Today this is very affirming for me as brownies are baking in the oven even now... not for us.

It has been a great lesson for my children today as they realize these are being made to take to a funeral dinner that our church is providing.

Our schedule holds many things for today. We were talking about it as we were driving the oldest to school. But yes, time will allow... must allow... to give in this small way.

Thanks for the encouragement to not see it as one more thing in my schedule, but to be blessed in the act of blessing.

Sandy Cooper said...

This is exactly what I needed today. Well, actually, I needed this yesterday when you wrote it. But I was so stressed, I didn't read blogs yesterday. But the whole thing about encouraging someone else is exactly what God has been saying to me. So, thank you for confirming it.