home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Giggle it. If ya want to.


Lisa
Do y'all remember the old Jello commercials? Jiggle it. Just a little bit? or was it Wiggle it. Just a little bit? I remember singing it all during Thanksgiving/Christmas meals while playing with the Jello squares. That commercial. That line brought laughter. Silly giggly laughter.


My personality is naturally fun. Except when I'm stressed. Which is most of the minutes I've been a wife and mother. Seriously.


My husband is a prankster, a jokester, a real funny bone. He reminds me to laugh. Except when I don't feel like laughing. Then he just irritates me.


Occassionally, God gives me an elbow to the side and reminds me it's okay to laugh a little. Thanks, Shelly, for being the elbow God used this week. More than okay. He actually commands us to experience laughter.




A cheerful disposition is good for your health;
   gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.
Proverbs 17:22


That's pretty close to, "Laugh," thus sayeth the Lord. Doncha think?


A favorite laugh from the last few months:
Seeing Wimpy Kid 2. See the movies. They're awesome. My best laugh last year while fighting cancer was the first one.


This week:


We, the parrotheads, went to Jimmy Buffett with lots of friends.
fun with friends


Sometimes it's as simple as being the first one to use the bathrooms, all three of them, after the cleaning lady comes. Twice a month, I get to use the bathroom all day long without flushing first.


It's really easy to giggle. If ya want to.

Visit friends in the "31 Days Closer to..." series:






7 comments:

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

Lisa, what a great reminder to LAUGH. I get way too caught up in the seriousness of life and don't laugh as much as I should or want to.

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Aw, thanks, Lisa! Glad you had a laugh this week. (Your husband sounds like mine.)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Praying you have much much laughter this week. Happy Mother's Day.

Fondly,
Glenda

PS. I got to have lunch with Shelly this week. It was our second time to get together since I moved here. We talked about all the sweet girls of the 31 day series.

Sara G said...

Thank you for this post!! I really needed it after this week.

stephanie said...

Love this! :) I have one of those husbands too who NEVER lets me take things two seriously! Opposites attract right!

Sandy Cooper said...

You make me laugh a lot. I'm so glad we're friends.

Love you!!
Sandy

bluecottonmemory said...

With all my boys I so understand the awesomeness of being able to go to the bathroom and not have to flush first - or wipe the rim! LOL

The last couple of years, I have been trying to work on chosing laughter, finding humor and joy! Finding joy sometimes takes effort!

I am glad God wants me to laugh!

Happy Mother's Day!