home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fill bowls


Lisa
Did you know angels hold bowls filled with the prayers of God's people? I envision prayers going into these heavenly bowls until the bowls get so full they can't hold anything else. At that time, all the prayers pour out and God answers many prayers.


I honestly believe that's how God healed me. So many people were praying, the bowl filled and there it was. I was spared chemo, cancer has stayed away and now I'm praying with people instead of them praying for my healing. It is my greatest pleasure to pray God would heal others too.


Lisa Smith Glad Chatter

Today I am adding two sweet friends to my bowl.


My friend Courtney is moving to MD Anderson this weekend to prepare for a stem cell transplant that we pray will put her cancer in remission.


My friend Melinda is a sweet, young lady who is battling her second recurrence of brain cancer in the last three years. She's had four brain surgeries, radiation and cyber knife radiation to the speech/motor bed of her brain. She will soon start a trial chemotherapy to rid her brain of a cancer which has been historically chemo resistant. Please pray the enemy won't steal her voice. Pray the chemo works. Pray God works. A miracle.


Both of the lovely ladies love Jesus. They are filled with His presence, peace and desire to bring Him glory in any way they can. Please join me in praying God would heal them, use them and receive lots of applause for what He will do in their hearts and lives during their battles. Please pray for their precious husbands and children too.


And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. Revelation 5:8


Please leave a prayer request for someone you are focusing your intercessory efforts on so we can all pray too. Let's fill those heavenly bowls as quickly as possible!

Visit my other "31 Days" Friends:





2 comments:

Warren Baldwin said...

Will say a prayer for these two friends of yours.

We have a daughter that just had 3 surgeries in 5 weeks. Missed her last 6 weeks of school (and she is/was a senior). Still was able to walk at her graduation - with high honors! But it was a tough time.

Prayers were offered for her in churches from Florida to Wyoming and many points in between. It was wonderful.

I know this post will get the attention of others who will pray for your friends, too.

Jen said...

I will help fill the bowls...