home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Combat Messy Head

Lisa
Several times yesterday friends asked me how I am doing. With tears pooling, I answered each one honestly. I'm hanging in there.


Folks, I'm tired. Those post-radiation good days have disappeared for the last couple of weeks. I'm sure they'll be back but the brain fog is crazy intense. Folks, we're busy. The end-of-the-school-year celebrations have started and we are winding up to wind down but we are still, in fact winding. T-i-r-i-n-g.


Life is hard. Yeah, the normal, crazy, chaos that is my life is just plain hard some days. Desires pull at needs and my head gets all messy. Messy-headed totally describes how I feel right now. 


Messy-headed is how I felt a few weeks ago when I drove off from pumping gas with the gas hose still in my tank. Messy-headed is how I felt when I backed into a parked car a few days before that. And  messy-headed is how I felt when a neighbor called to tell me the fire department was inside my house and there had been a fire. Messy-headed is how I felt when I took my son to baseball practice tonight only to discover he's lost his glove. And it's how I felt when my daughter just told me she needs me to drive into town tomorrow to buy her something for Friday and it's how I felt when I walked in the door tonight and surveyed the guts of my house on display.


Thankful-hearted is how I feel because there is no damage from our toaster malfunctioning and burning. Thankful-hearted is how I feel when I realize once more how life can change in an instant. Thankful-hearted is how I feel when I look around me and see evidence of the normal, fast-paced life of a large family. Thankful-hearted is how I feel when I remember that I am healthy and able to serve my family in love. And it's how I feel when I remember the maid is coming tomorrow (wink, wink).


I can tolerate messy-headed if I allow it to lead me to thankful-hearted.


All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 2Corinthians 4:15


What messes can you let lead to thanksgiving in your life today?


Sunday's winner of the $10 Starbucks card is  Tabathia! Congratulations and enjoy some time to reflect and turn messy-headed into thankful-hearted.


PS I also bit the bullet yesterday and bought 12 sessions with a chiropractor... I'll keep you posted on messy-head's sure disappearance!


Visit friends in the "31 Days Closer to..." series:




8 comments:

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

I feel messey-headed sometimes, but mine is not chemo-brain. Not sure what my excuse is.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Yah came here and see you talking about an "Mess-y head"....
Well i was reflecting also in the wee hours of the morning trying to put it in an blogpost and the word 'MESS" came also in my mind and made me remember an vlog of Lysa Terkeust that i need to look closely to the word 'MESS-iah'.......

Instead of getting dis-couraged this morning.....Hope started coming in to know Jesus is just an prayer away......He wants to come in....strenghten and clothing me with everything i need to press-on.
So i am today THANKFULL for the Lord His saving Grace.......
The HOPE he gives that there will come peace in the chaos frequently in our lifes lately.....
I am thankfull he brought to my mind all the times he was faithfull in situations...So this time around he will again......
Yes only jesus can bring an CHANGE in any mess i am in he is going with me and you through everything!

Have an blesed day thxs for telling your heart!

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, Girl it sounds like LIFE to me! But...you know where that can lead us! to the Throne of Grace:) He knows all about it! I am Praying for you as we speak..Father, I bring Lisa to you now..May her day be extra~ordinary just RESTING! in your presence,peace and the Love that knows no bounds! Give her Peace! that passes our understanding! In Jesus Mighty Name~ Amen!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh I have my list of messy head also...enjoy your clean house and delighting in the norm...even when that means "messy head" days.
I call them my foggy brain days...locking keys in car, going to the wrong place for my son's speech...but then I look on my child playing in mud, which makes me stop and smile...or all six of my children being with us for a meal...it makes it all worth while.

B His Girl said...

I can relate to messy head and a similar toaster situation. Both need attention. How many bullets do you have now Lisa? :) b

Jen said...

This is s good shift for me to read about. I feel like I'm drowning in work, but I think that if I am thankful for this moment, and the one after that, I just might be able to get through it all.

Cindy Bultema said...

Oh Lisa, how you make me smile! I am so sorry for your "messy- headedness", but I am thankful for your honesty and transparency (it reminds us we are not alone in our chaos!). Praying your home if filled with His peace, joy, and love in the midst of this full season.
Love you, friend!
Cindy :)

Sandy Cooper said...

We are living parallel lives.