home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

You.

Friends,

As a nineteen-year-old girl volunteering at a youth camp, God called me to stand before people and share my story. For the next eighteen years, I questioned God’s voice, hesitated to raise support and rendered my voice silent before God and man. The last few years have stretched me in many ways as I seek to share the story God has given me with any willing to listen. His words pour out of me because I can no longer hold them inside or keep them to myself.

The words are fire in my belly,
   a burning in my bones.
I'm worn out trying to hold it in.
   I can't do it any longer! Jeremiah 20:9 The Message

Because my heart’s desire is to share with excellence, I seek training from Proverbs 31 Ministries at their annual She Speaks conference. She Speaks equips women called to share their stories. 

"The She Speaks Conference is a life-changing conference for women seeking to step out in the passion God has placed on their heart. Hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries (501(c)3), She Speaks encourages and equips women to make the most of their messages, communicating God's Word through writing, speaking and leading."

In order to walk where God is calling me, I must raise funds to attend She Speaks. Because you walked everyday faith with me through cancer, I find it only natural to come to you for help as we walk everyday faith beyond cancer together.

I invite you to join me as you feel led in this exciting mission. There are several ways to participate. For a tax deductable gift, call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card; or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:

Proverbs 31 Ministries She Speaks Scholarship/Lisa Smith 616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road Matthews, NC 28105

Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund. You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation. For more information: www.shespeaksconference.com.

Contact me directly at lisasmith93@gmail.com to find out how to send a check to be used for airfare. Unfortunately, this is not a tax deductable donation but I’m asking God to reward you far beyond tax deductions. J

Most importantly, you can partner with me in prayer believing that:

“The one who calls [me] is faithful, and he will do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Thank you for your undying support on this journey. I will keep you updated on my progress toward She Speaks on my blog and Facebook page. Your encouragement gives me wings.

With love and gratitude,
Lisa


Linking up with Jen and the sisterhood today.  Thanks for  inviting me today, Jen. Click on the photo to visit.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love this re-write. I love it so much, girl. You are really able to express your heart here. Will you please consider linking this up to SDG so that those sisters can be praying for you, too?

Amy Sullivan said...

LIsa,
Oh, I so hope you are able to go (I will be there too!). I love this post, and I could really feel your desire to go through just a few short paragraphs!

Michelle said...

Praying that God provides for you to attend. So jealous of all the conferences in the States that aren't in Canada.

Tiffini said...

yes..praying with you. After today and reading all of our lovely friends who want to go really has me wanting to take this to our Father.
And yes...I understand the fire in the bones;) and not being able to contain it any longer...beautiful words Lisa...
xo

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Lisa,
As a family we have raised support for over 25 years. I can tell you that God is faithful and the money rarely comes from where you expect it . . . enjoy the journey.

Fondly,
Glenda

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

ps. I want to come.

Mining for Diamonds said...

Oh, Lisa!!! I'm so excited to see how God provides for you! I'm with Glenda. This is nothing for God! Remember, my family had to raise nearly $5000 for our mission trip last summer, (including THREE cross country plane tickets!) and God blew me away with His provision! He'll do the same for you! I look forward to reading your victory post!

Kim said...

Hey Lisa,

Love the new design of your site! I am praying for you and your opportunity to go to She Speaks this summer. As much as I want to go, I am not hearing a clear message from the Lord, so I am continuing to seek. Prayers your way!

Lelia Chealey said...

I can't wait to hug you!