home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, April 11, 2011

This Day, This Week

That old, familiar rhythm beats in my chest this morning—the one that’s a fast-paced rendition of You might as well quit because you’ll never get it all done.

How I long for it to be the snappy beat of Styx I’ve got too much **clap clap** time on my hands. 

Seems like the last time I felt that way, I was in my first semester of college and my roommate was out of town for the weekend.

Instead of filling the white space here with sighs or moans, this morning I want Jesus to bring peace and direction. Even as I my sweet Palmer drags his stool from pantry to counter and then ventures into the garage digging in the toolbox to fix his bike, I open God’s Word.

Join me this Manic Monday

(Thanks Bangles!) in replacing the frantic and frazzled with some high class, de-stressing, be-bopping as you get 'er done 80's music!!


And here's a prayer for peace and purpose which will work even better than 80's music. I promise!

 May God, who puts all things together,
      makes all things whole…
 Now put you together, provide you
      with everything you need to please him,
   Make us into what gives him most pleasure,
      by means of the sacrifice of Jesus, the Messiah.
   Hebrews 18:20a-21 The Message



5 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Thanks for these good words, Lisa. I am busy in the kitchen preparing food for a three day retreat my husband is hosting. Good to stop and read this verse.

Fondly,
Glenda

Mrs.Olson said...

Thank you so much !

nancygrayce said...

Oh, how I needed that verse today! Thanks!

Laura said...

What a great word, Lisa! Just what I needed today!

Jen said...

Can I tell you? I.Love.the.Bangles. I will now have that song in my head for the rest of the evening. Love the prayer. Are you linking up?