home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 15, 2011

Pray it Forward Fridays




Lisa Smith Glad Chatter
From driving off with the gas nozzle still attached to my car to ringing phones with the neighbor saying the fire department is in our home and there’s been a fire, my week has been one of those.

How can I commit to praying for others when my own life is this chaotic?

I pray for myself first.
Pile your troubles on God's shoulders—
      he'll carry your load, he'll help you out. Psalm 55:22 The Msg

I am practicing taking my own burdens, frustrations, irritations, distractions and worries to the Lord. And leaving them there so I can attend to the prayers for others I’ve committed to pray out of love for them.

Please think about taking a 15-minute slot on the prayer wall. ( Please "like it" and and let's make some glad chatter in the spiritual realm!) Let’s rebuild it together and wage war in the heavenlies. 

Continue to lift my friend Kathryn to the Lord as she has a scheduled surgery on May 9.
And Megan who is a young mother fighting stage 3C ovarian cancer.

Today as you pray it forward, give your own cares to Jesus and free yourself to make someone else’s burdens a little lighter. Please take the Praying with Lisa button at the left to show you are praying.

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 Amp



No comments: