home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 29, 2011


Lisa Smith Glad Chatter

Pray it Forward Friday. Is it still Friday?


Like I said yesterday, one of those weeks.


But today. 


Glorious today has been filled with my baby's laughter. He's five. Not such a baby as an unreserved tiny adult.


We've explored. Run errands. Bounced balls through Target. Visited friends. And then we took our inaugural trip to the pool. The glorious pool.


Shhhhh. Don't tell. I'd have a houseful of jealous folk.


Now I'm off to get sheets on the beds before baseball. And bedtime.


So if you're cruising blogs around about bedtime on this Friday night, pray it forward with me. K?


This week I've been overwhelmed with cancer requests. A friend waiting, for months now, for a surgery to determine if it's cancer. Her surgery is Tuesday. Another friend underwent a scary MRI to determine if it's cancer and now has to make some hard decisions since there have been other scares and cancer runs strong through her family. Another friend sick for many months and wondering is it cancer needs her own slice of peace as well.


As I pray it forward today, I'm reminded what I desire is really Who I desire.

Whom have I in heaven but you? 
   And earth has nothing I desire besides you. Psalm 73:25



Join me in praying it forward and spreading the peace.


Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Phil. 4:6-7 The Message

2 comments:

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh I have a five year old also...the last of six, and a 15 year old baseball player, so I know you day. I am also praying for different ones with health issues. Continuing to lift our pastor up in prayer as he recovers and walks in his healing from brain cancer.

Yes, we look to our source Phil. 4:6-7 This has been my prayer last week for the victims of the tornadoes also.

marina said...

yes please keep me prayer too feel really lonely with the blues. marina