home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Supposed to

It's just been one of those weeks. Know what I mean?

I have a to do list and I also have a supposed to do list and I have crossed nothing off of either.

I'm supposed to share some deep reflections from the end of the second quarter of Backpacking through Joshua. Although I'm not feeling deep or reflective this week, I did take inventory of my life thus far in response to the end of Joshua's life chapter. What I discovered is that I also have a long list of victories in my life. God has forgiven me and given me freedom. Joshua 12 caused me to boohoo like a baby as I read the Easter story to my family out of The Jesus Storybook Bible. I get to the part where Jesus hangs tight to a cross held there by love and tears threaten to spill. Then I read the next sentence about how Jesus cries out for His Daddy to help him and for the first time ever and only time since, His Daddy doesn't hear and I stop. And weep. Every year.

It lights fresh gratitude in my heart for the cross. And the empty tomb. And being able to talk to a heavenly Daddy who hears. And forgives.

"For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much," (Luke 7:47) is my Easter/Joshua 12 theme this year. I have been forgiven much, grown much, stretched much and healed much.

Which brings me to the second bloggy thing on my supposed to do list.

Starting Sunday. Yes, Sunday, May 1. Glad Chatter will be part of a 31 Days Closer to wonderfulness and bathing suit season hosted by Fitness Friday Girl aka Sandy. If you read Glad Chatter for the entire month of May, you will be 31 Days Closer to the Life You Always Wanted.

Since cancer threatened to take the life I had, I decided that any days I lived beyond cancer would be dedicated to creating the life I want to live. If you've ever thought: One day I will ... scrapbook, organize my pantry, create cute looks on a lean budget, adopt a baby from Ethiopia, look toned on the beach or read my Bible all the way from Genesis to Revelation or any other big or little someday thought, this series is for you.

I'll have a full list of links on Sunday along with a super duper sized giveaway. So tell your friends and come join the party! See you Sunday. The start to another blessed and amazing week!

I think that's all I'm supposed to tell you. Until Sunday!!

1 comment:

Sandy Cooper said...

I love your series!!!!!! I got chills reading your description. May I use that for the official summary on Sunday?