home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good news

Good news today!! My doc was really positive and encouraging. Now that I'm a little over a year out from sarcoma removal surgery, my chances of a local recurrence or distant metastasis are drastically reduced!!! Yippyyyyy!!!!! A good day. A really good day!








Lisa Smith Glad Chatter

But there are others having hard days. Really hard days. Like Julie, who is 33-year-old mommy of three kids ages 7, 4 and 10 months and collapsed Sunday while on a walk from a heart attack. She hasn't regained consciousness yet. Will you join me in praying for her?

And my friend, Kathryn, who will face cancer surgery May 9, the Monday after Mother's Day. They day after she celebrates being mommy to her two boys and celebrates her own mother who is now deceased from complications caused by cancer treatment, she will look her own cancer diagnosis in the face. Will you join me in praying that is the last time she ever sees it? Will you join me in praying cancer would not rob her family of any more life?

When I went through my own diagnosis of cancer, it was only a matter of hours before a prayer wall was erected on Facebook and my own family was lifted 24 hours a day. It was awesome. And overwhelming. And humbling.

My prayer quickly went from Heal me, God, I want to live to Heal me, God, they need to experience Your goodness. God answered! Because He answered and healed me, I am able to not only pay back what I received but I intend to pray back what I received. Will you join me in praying it forward here each Friday where you are invited to share a prayer request on your own blog and link up here.

I hope each of you will join me in helping others find Christ in their crises.



Joining Jen and the sisterhood today.

16 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Rejoicing with you and weeping with your friends. That is the Body of Christ.

Fondly,
Glenda

Lori Lynn said...

That is wonderful news. I pray that others will be healed as well!

Maria said...

Rejoicing with you and lifting the others in prayer.

Maria

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

Praise God for the good news for you. So sad for the ones dealing with cancer and the ravages of it.

Andrea K. Van Ye said...

Wonderful news, Lisa! Thanking God for His healing hand in your life and praying for the other friends. I know that He is using your story -- richly. May you continue to lean on Him.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Praying, praying, Lisa. I rejoice with you in your good news as I lift up your loved ones.

Take care.

Jen said...

This just breaks my heart the tragedy. But I love how you pair it with your good news. It reaffirms hope. I will be praying for your friends!

MommaMindy said...

I'm so thankful for your good news. I'm even more thankful that your worshipped a year ago just as you worship now. Thank you for your testimony of faithfulness.

I prayed for the others you listed.

Debbie said...

I am rejoicing with you on your good news!! God is soo faithful and good....And yes, I will join you in praying for these others...soo hard.

HUGS,

Debbie

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Praising the Lord along with you, Lisa!

Kim said...

Lisa--I am praising God for your good news and praying for your friends. As we know, God is a healing God!

Sara G said...

Standing in prayer with you. Praising God for all He has done and will do.

Bernie said...

Oh this is such good news, I am so happy for you Lisa and your family. I will certainly pray for your friends in need right now. I am just feeling so happy for your good health.....:-)Hugs

BARBIE said...

So glad to hear this wonderful news! I will definately say prayers for those you have mentioned.

Warren Baldwin said...

Wonderful. And praying for your friend.

I like your statement about helping others "find Christ in their crises." Amen.

Deborah said...

Lisa, I am so happy for you!
Good Bless you. I'll keep praying for you~
xxoo
Deborah