home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Friday




Lisa Smith Glad Chatter

"Why is it called good when what happened to Jesus was so bad?" she asks.

Love, it's called good because it's the only reason we are here. The bad Jesus suffered made us good, righteous and acceptable to God.

It's good because it didn't stop Jesus from living. He even conquered death to live with us, sweetheart.

What happened to Jesus is where we find our hope.

It's very good because it was necessary. The only way, honey. Things just aren't always as they seem.

As my girlfriend, Renee Swope says in her new book:
"Jesus did not die on the cross just to get us our of hell and into heaven. He died on the cross to get Himself out of heaven and into us! It's what we were made for... God created us in His image to reveal His glory by giving visibility to His invisible character within us. Christ in us is the hope of glory."

For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory. Colossians 1:27 NLT

Join me in praying forward your salvation today. Pray for a potential christian, someone who doesn't know Christ yet. Pray that would know Christ, the hope of glory this Easter weekend.

If you link up, we will gather in prayer together.




2 comments:

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

Love that quote by Renee Swope. How true! Happy Resurrection Day, Lisa.

Jill Beran said...

Great post!!! I had some thoughts for a post yesterday but never found the time to write - God had other things in mind!! Aren't these conversations with our children wonderful?? I love to see their heart want to know more and I love how God speaks to me through them. And am blessed as you share these moments with us. Yesterday as we colored eggs I thought about how I'm like one of them - first God changes me on the inside and then just like the kids He knew exactly what He wanted to create and didn't stop until it was perfect and beautiful in His eyes!! I was going to share this with my kids but first asked if they thought they were like an egg and my son says, "Yeah, God found me!!!" There insight is great!! This all brings me back to the close of your post - praying for those who are still lost, so important. I'm praying for my parents, sisters and their children this weekend - they have a religion but no relationship and like me, need HIM!!! Happy Easter to you Lisa!!! ~ Jill