home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

at the end of my mama

Does God really know what He’s doing? It’s a question this mama asks almost daily as she raises four, strong personalitied, energetic, kinesthetic learning, loud, little people. There are also others on her list of questions. Should she be doing something more and why does it always have to be so hard are near the top.

This stage of motherhood leaves her baffled, tired, maxed and frustrated most days. Her children are eager to try out their independence. But they all still need her. Lots.

She constantly wonders should she do more. More love or more discipline. More schedule or more spontaneity. More activities or more down time. More boundaries or more freedom. More chores or more play time. More exercise, more veggies, more vitamins, more sleep. 

It's hard. They get up early. They stay up late and They work hard. They play hard and they love each other. They have fun together. They do life together. And life is hard.

In all mher uncertainty and exhaustion she tumbles over her endless questions and it’s in her fallen down state that she begins to see truth.

When she is weak He is strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10) When she's at the end of her mama, her Father begins to operate in her motherhood.

He gently leads those that have young. (Isaiah 40:11) She doesn't have to work so hard to sense His leading. He is there. He promises to never leave. His leading is so gentle she doesn't always feel it.

In this life there will be trouble. (John 16:33) But it doesn’t always have to be so hard. One day He will wipe every tear from her eyes. Until that day this mama will cling to her Savior praying His grace oozes all over the littles she loves each day.




Where is your weak meeting His strong today?
Linking up with Jen today.

7 comments:

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

I think it is a question we all ponder: Should we do more?

Have you read my post from yesterday? Kinda goes along with this post of yours.

Jen said...

That's what I need to remember -- when this mama ends, the Father can extend me with Him. But, I often forget, and my children don't get the best responses. Praying that this lesson today stays in the forefront of my mind.

Good you came today.

Debbie said...

I STILL ask myself that and my children are all adults. Should/could I do more? Not exactly encouraging is it? haha I remember the days you are living right now very well though. They honestly can be very overwhelming. I too had 4 children with VERY demanding and very different schedules, temperments, and needs. I struggled so it seemed at times. And yet, you are soo right. He was always right there. I just wish I could have settled my heart more at the time so that I could have heard Him better. You are soo on the right track. Have a good day! HUGS

Elizabeth said...

Parenting is partnering with God. He is doing a work in our children and allows us to participate. My three are in their 20's and I cover my eyes most days and just pray. He draws us by that feeling of inadequacy. We are children even as we are parents. I ask Him, "how does this look from eternity? because it looks a little scary down here." Praying for your perspective today my friend!

Smelling Coffee said...

So very very true~

Love the new blog look! So thankful you are awakening up to "you" again, and that now you can comfort others and minister as you've been blessed! (I caught up on past posts ;-) )

Blessings to you, Lisa~
jennifer

Heather said...

Love the verses...great perspective. I may not be a mama, but sometimes I feel as if I'm at the end of myself...

Heather said...

I'm so glad I found this post today!