home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, March 04, 2011

R U T.i.r.e.d.?

Seems like this week has brought me lots of tired friends. The kind of tired you get from long stretches of hard life. I have had a dose of tired myself this week. I haven't been sleeping due to a virus circulating our home and a that new little bundle of puppy who cries all.night.long.

I've been meditating on this all week with ample opportunity to use it:
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:10-11

Then today this jumped out at me. I like it because Paul is talking to Timothy. Timothy is young and energetic and zealous. But Timothy is also t.i.r.e.d. If even young men grow weary then how much more tired will a-slight-step-beyond-young mommies get?

God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. So don't be embarrassed to speak up for our Master ... We can only keep on going, after all, by the power of God, who first saved us and then called us to this holy work. We had nothing to do with it. It was all his idea, a gift prepared for us in Jesus long before we knew anything about it. But we know now... So keep at your work...Guard this precious thing placed in your custody by the Holy Spirit who works in us. from 2 Timothy 1: 6-14

And, I'll talk more about gifts next week. Pinky promise!

3 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Your post made me think of this verse as well:
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. I Corinthians 9:24

Andrea said...

I am a big bunch of tired, this week!
Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Gigi said...

Boy what a post to pop back in for! I've take a break from my blog for a bit and I'm just now back and rounding to say "hello!" Just in time, I see! I can sure identify with the RUT!

Still praying for you, sweetie! <3