home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Hunter Day!



He’s eight today.

I remember the first time I held this skinny baby turned skinny boy.

I remember how God spoke saying he is really HIS.
Hunter
Isaiah
Smith.

As I reminded him of that last night, he smiled. As I reminded him he is made is for something great, he smiled. As I hugged him tight and told him how proud he makes me, he smiled.

Hunter, you’ve always been a smiler. Teachers always use words like happy, polite, sweet and kind to describe you. You do such a great job putting others before yourself. You really do love your friends.

I love watching you mature. Just in the last two weeks, you Sunday School teachers have commented on your leadership in class, your teacher has complimented your behavior and your heart has been broken for friends who might not know Jesus. You are memorizing Bible verses on your own, reading chapter books and you even hit your first two home runs in baseball. You are becoming a leader on and off the field in so many ways.

Son, thank you for always being considerate of others. Even me. You are always so helpful to and concerned about me.

You love to ride your bike. You have grown your hair out so the wind can whip through it messing it all up. You love video games and skateboards and football. You love music. You love to sing. Loud. With the radio and even without. I love to hear your voice.

You are all boy. A rough player but a kind friend. All boy becoming all man.

God has a special plan to use you to change the world for him, my sweet warrior-worshiper.

Happy Birthday.


Thank you, Jesus for Hunter! What an honor to raise him, pray for him, live life with him. Glory.
"My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God." Eph. 3:14-19

4 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Hunter. I am so proud you are my grandson. I love you. Gran

jenny said...

oh Happy Birthday Hunter! Blessings and love!!!!! overflowing!

Sara G said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!! May the Lord continue to shine in you and through you. May He bless you!

Mining for Diamonds said...

happy Birthday, little man!!!