home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Endzone Victory Dances

Have you ever stood in the endzone doing the victory dance? You’ve fought a tough battle but victory is yours. The match is over—until it isn’t.

I just had one of those days. I subscribed to the ‘strength in numbers’ theory. I reasoned that victory was sure since I had so many days of victory under my belt. I even saw the sideswipe coming. I just didn’t expect it to take me out of the game!

Oh I got right back up after the tackle but it was a hard hit that left me seeing cross-eyed for a bit.

The best way to get back in the game is to remember the game plan. I have several verses I use as ammunition when I need to remember Whose team I’m on and how to win the game.

He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand. Isaiah 51:16

What do you use as your favorite ammunition? Let's encourage each other today!






5 comments:

Cherie Hill said...

What a great post and GREAT analogy Lisa! Praying that you resist the devil's game plan, rise up in faith, and resume the fight! The enemy cannot keep down one who truly trusts in the Lord!
Praying for you!
Love in Christ,
Cherie

"Now thanks be to God who
ALWAYS leads us in triumph
in Christ . . ."
(2 Corinthians 2:14)

Jen said...

I just found this one:

You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted;
you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. Psalm 10: 17

I am really trying to discern about She Speaks. Would cherish prayers for me for that process.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I Thess 5:24 was my mom's life verse and I grew up under its' wonderful influence. Great post.

Fondly,
Glenda

jenny said...

oh what a great post!

Amy Sullivan said...

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

Oh, that one touched me. Thanks, Lisa.