home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In Search of Space


Heart racing
List growing
Deadlines approaching

People needing
House messing
Dog barking

Phone buzzing
Internet slowing
Traffic building

Emotions unraveling
Mouths yelling
Guilt settling

Time fading
Defeat threatening
God calling

Come away with Me. You will get all that I have for you to do done today. Seek me today while you still have a chance. All you need for today is here, waiting. I AM here. For you.

Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn't pleased at being ignored. (Romans 8:5-8 The Msg emphasis mine)


6 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Needed to read that... Thanks!!!

Denise said...

Very well said sis, love you.

Sara G said...

Thank you!!!

Leah @ Point Ministries said...

Now THAT is real life! Great post!!

Leah

Mining for Diamonds said...

Yeah, I can relate to "people needing/house messing"...it's nice to know God is in the midst of it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi! I'm doing well...counting down the days to She Speaks! Yay!

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Dear Lisa haven't been by for awhile but want to check in to see how things are going. What an inspiring post. Now that I have a new challenge in life, diabetes, I am leaning heavenly on God as my guide on how to learn to manage this. I pray for you daily even though I do not visit eveyday and will never forget your story. Blessings
QMM