home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pleasant Places

My phone tweeted a celebratory Facebook status upon leaving the doctor's office, "It's officially a No Cancer Day!" The last two days have been completely exhausting. And overwhelming. And amazing.


I really am pinching myself to see if this is really my life. Me? Really? Cancer? No cancer? It's still hard to fathom even after a year.


My prayer reamins, "God, don't let me waste it."


I just made this my Facebook status and I pray it over every.single.one of you who call out my name to HIS name, HIS face, HIS throne:


Tonight I'm praying for ALL who have prayed on behalf of my healing. I pray God shows up and mightily answers ALL your prayers as He did the ones you prayed for me. And join me in a big Amen!


I love to tell people my story because not only do I get to brag about my God, I get to brag about His people. You guys are simply divine. Each one of your comments is a treasure to me. Thank you for still hanging around a year later to encourage me and hold me up when I get tired and every three months when my nerves threaten to collapse. This blog is truly one of my pleasant places in life. 


God has used this path in life to unite us, to gather an army, and for that I'll be forever grateful. Let's continue to wage war together. Please leave your amens and your requests here and pray for the comment ahead of you. Pray for the comments instead of just reading them. It is my honor to lift each one high to a Mighty God who has allowed our paths to cross. May we not waste this opportunity.


And all my bloggy friends said a big and loud AMEN!



LORD, you alone are [our] portion and [our] cup;
   you make [our] lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for [us] in pleasant places;
   surely [we] have a delightful inheritance.

Psalm 16:5-6

17 comments:

Kim said...

Celebrating with you!!

Bev Brandon said...

Psalm 3:3 - He is the Lifter of your Head. You stand pretty tall this day. So grateful to Him for all He has done in you---Col 1:17---always holding you together and it's just beautiful. You have such a tender heart of prayer and it really touches me. So grateful to hear your scans were clear. Thank you God!

Loren said...

Doing the Victory dance with you!! Dancing and Praising :) woohoo!

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

AMEN!!! Rejoicing with you tonight, Lisa!

Sonja said...

Huge AMEN from Rockwall!! :)

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

OH Lisa! I'm so happy to read your news today :)

BARBIE said...

Oh yes! Rejoicing with you!

Michele said...

Rejoicing with you! Glorious news!

Nana's Nuggets said...

Let's just all "Praise the Lord" together! *He is before all things, and in Him All Things Hold Together. Colossians 1:17.

Cindy said...

I return to again say Praise God for you Great News!!! I am so happy for you!!!
Continuing to pray for you!
Please continue to pray for me as I attempt to adjust to the loss of my dear hubby. I just didn't realize how terribly difficult and lonely this would be. I do know it's only been a few weeks but I'm struggling so!
Blessings, Cindy

Kathryn Taylor said...

I love you, and it was a pleasure to pray for you.

TRUTH SHARER said...

Love that memory verse from The Inheritance!

It is a joy to be able to pray with you for your healing - to pray for all that God will teach you [and us] through this journey of your personal trial. It touched us to walk it with you!

Praise GOD ALMIGHTY for this outcome! ONLY GOD could!

Choosing JOY in this season,
Stephanie

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

You certainly are not wasting your cancer. You are a beautiful token of His grace and love! You are plowing through being lead by the gentle hand of God Himself and you are encouraging us as you go.

Yes...a "No Cancer Day!" May your life be marked with those both today and in the days to come.

Celebrating one year with you. Keep pressing on!

Much love,
Stacy

Trudy said...

Praising Him with you Lisa! God is amazing indeed. I didn't see any other prayer requests besides Cindy's, so I will be lifting her up also!

Please pray for my friend and co-worker Kathryn, who was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer and will undergo surgery on Feb 4th!

God bless you my friend!
Trudy

andrea frazer said...

Yeah Lisa! So happy for you! You are an inspiration to me and a reminder to keep going in my Jesus quest!

Smelling Coffee said...

I'm so happy for you and your family, Lisa! You have gone through this publically and glorified the Lord each step. May He continue to richly bless you and your family!

Jennifer

Mining for Diamonds said...

Lisa, God is so good to bring you into such a "Pleasant Place". Please check out my latest blog post. It's Awards Day for you!