home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

300 Calories


When I reached into the back corner of my closet and opened the crumbled, brown paper bag containing my secrets, I could only hope you would respond with compassion and encouragement. Your comments have blown me away and something so amazing happened in the process. The shame surrounding this part of my story, the eating part, evaporated. It just vanished.

Struggling with an eating disorder and chronic dieting is now just something I did in an effort to win approval and acceptance. I lived this way to win God's love. I am now free to live in a more healthy and balanced way because I now know I am loved.

Kathrine Lee made this profound statement on the Made to Crave webcast last week. She said she lost weight before so she could be loved but this time around she's losing the weight because she is loved. Beautiful.

Let's park our minds on that thought. We are loved.

Last night on the webcast Pastor Steven Furtick said breakthrough begins with desire.

This is where we are staying today. We are loved and breakthrough is possible when desire for Jesus burns in our hearts.

One key to feeling great and making healthy eating habits is recognizing a good portion size and becoming familiar with caloric content of food. I have other hints and things I've learned that I want to dish about later. Today, let's talk about 300 calories. I eat 300 calories four times a day before I eat dinner. I just got this in my inbox this morning from Spark People. It's a great article on portion sizes and shows pictures of what 300 calories looks like. Part of being successful is being educated.

You can still win a copy of Made to Crave by leaving a comment here or here. If you missed last night's free webcast, you can watch it again today. Check here for times.


The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
   “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
Jeremiah 31:3

4 comments:

Big Fat Mama said...

One of the things I love about reading your blog is your honesty.

Thank you for your encouragement for A Meal in the Mail. If you know of anyone who could be helped and featured please let me know!

Lisa Elliott said...

ever since I came across this web-sight I have been praying you Lisa and now I have you on face-book and still praying for you and your family your blog will touch so many out there like it as me I would love to get that book tell me how I can please thank you,

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Love to you dear Lisa - thank you for your continued support - praying for you today!

Debbie J said...

Praying for you TODAY while you are getting your tests. ALL CLEAR is my prayer for you Lisa. I went to Jewelry blog,Etsy(coral n Turqoise bracelet my fav)and added her to my Favs! 3 for me!
Holding you up today all day..Debbie J