home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Scared Pantless

Have you ever had something so big and so exciting happen to that it scares the pants off you? I'm so excited to announce that my friend Lysa just released her new book Made to Crave.


Remember how almost one year ago I proclaimed 2010 to be my "Year of No Fear?" I courageously dubbed Isaiah 41:10 my verse of the year:


"So do not fear, for I am with you; 
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


and then proceeded to get cancer, move to a new city and totally kick fear's booty survive 2010. 


Prior to all that drama, I knew God was also calling me to share parts of my story that have never owned words. When I told Him nothing was off limits, I meant it. In all His grace, He gave me Lysa and her message. This summer I participated in a pilot group of this study. 


So, here I am with my stomach jumping to my throat, my heart pounding out of my chest and palms sweating like a thunderstorm... and all I've done is give you a link to my success story featured on the Made to Crave website. 


I have to admit seeing my picture next to those words makes me feel a little well, pantless. Know what I mean? I'm feeling a little vulnerable and exposed here. But excited. Because God uses those things and that's what I want more than anything. Well, I'd like God and pants too, but you get my point.


Check out the website, visit Lysa's blog where she's giving away a free gift pack today and let's replace all our cravings with God in 2011!



I pulled you in from all over the world, 
   called you in from every dark corner of the earth,
Telling you, 'You're my servant, serving on my side. 
   I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'
Don't panic. I'm with you. 
   There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you. 
   I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.
Isaiah 41:9-10 The Msg



1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so exciting!