home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Name Above All Names

This has been quite a year! So much has happened I can't even remember last Christmas. Not at all. Not the gifts. Not the tree. Not the travels. Not the traditions. Not much at all.


Looking back at pictures I remember it was a great Christmas. Glancing over the calendar I remember it has been a year I would rather forget.


One word sums up my last year. Believe.


Throughout it all, I choose to continue to believe. God is good. God is sovereign. God is in control.


The good of the year has outweighed the bad. One of my favorite things from 2010 has been getting to know so many of you. Your comments have carried me on many days and being part of such a wonderful and supportive group is something for which I am so grateful. 


I pray this season finds you believing.



And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins...
Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
      and gave him the name above all other names,
  that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
  and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

Matthew 1:21 & Philippians 2:9-11 NLT

7 comments:

Melanie said...

'Just sending my love to you today!

B His Girl said...

Merry Christmas Lisa! I pray you soak in His goodness this season. You have honored the Lord in your trials. His name is lifted high in your life for others to see. love, B

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Thanks for sharing that... It has been my great pleasure to meet you thru "blogland" this past year.
We are remembering last Christmas. We were in the hospital with cancer. We now remember the good year also, living free of it. A Christmas in the hospital was a small price.
God is so good!!
Praying for a Blessed & Joy-filled Christmas for you!

Kimberly said...

You have certainly had quite a year! I don't even remember how I found your blog but I'm glad I did! It must have been the Lord. At first I was intrigued by the fact that we are about the same age, and have similar aspirations of writing and speaking, but then I got drawn into the cancer story and started following that. It has been an honor to get to "know" you this year and I have been blessed by the grace and courage with which you have faced your trials. You are a very, very blessed woman. Merry Christmas!!!!

Bernie said...

Merry Christmas dear Lisa, wishing you a healthy and happy New Year filled with many blessings.
God Bless....:-)Hugs

Trudy said...

God bless you sweet Lisa and a very Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

~+~ Trudy

His Girl said...

girl, I know it's been a YEAR! I can't believe how much has happened in the last 12 months!

Also, how on EARTH has it only been a year since we started Daniel? I think there's a chance we've lived a lifetime since then!

so glad to call you friend!