home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Enjoying Christmas Presence

As God whispers, “Presence.” I feel the invitation to a deeper awareness of his presence because he is ever-present, always with me, always moving and never leaving. I want to live my life even more conscious of his presence not just “in my life,” but in my all-day-everyday. Without his presence I have no life.

Especially during the holidays, his presence is something I want, I need, I desire. Christmastime is certainly not the time to take his presence for granted in an effort to mark chores off a list. One of the reasons I love Christmas because it’s when Jesus is most commonly referred to Immanuel,God with us, a constant reminder of his sweet presence permeating our stinky world and individual lives.

And then he reminded me that his ever-present presence is His everyday Christmas gift to us.

Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him! Acts 17:27-29


5 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

What a year you and your family have had dear Lisa. Your strength and courage has been an inspiration to me and for that I say "Thank you." All the blessings of Christmas to you and your beautiful family.
QMM

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Amen, beautiful post. Have a blessed Christmas.

Denise said...

Many Christmas blessings to your family.

Big Fat Mama said...

Yes, He is always with us. I shared your family tradion on my blog today. Through God, it has inspired me to stop and slow down, and rest in Jesus.

Laura said...

Praying you feel the joy of His presence deeply this Christmas, Lisa. Many blessings to you and yours!