home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Prayer for You


Lately I’ve had a hard time hearing God’s voice. It’s been more difficult than usual to see Him in everyday life. I don’t know if it’s because I feel like I’m in the land of survival. Most days I’m so tired I move robotically through my day and instead of seeing in living color, I see in shades of black, white and gray.

This is frustrating to me. Last Monday I thought I would write this glorious post about how much energy I’d started having and I finally feel like “cancer” is behind me. And then Tuesday happened. Tuesday I could hardly get out of bed or go where I needed to go or do what I needed to do.

That’s how life after radiation is. Some days are great. Some days I actually feel like I did before my diagnosis. Most days I operate in a state of terrible brain fog, exhaustion and fatigue. My doctor is hopeful that this will decrease and in a few more months I will have my old energy and focus back. Others living life after cancer say it is a continual challenge.

I can’t really explain how I feel except to say it’s like I just climbed out of bed. All day long.

What I don’t want is for this to be an excuse to not get the things done that God has called me to do. I feel very strongly that He has given me just a couple of assignments here lately.  I want to get started I just need extra strength, energy and a big, fat push from God! Do you ever feel that way?

Today I read how Jesus prayed before His death and resurrection. He reminds God the Father how He had glorified Him on earth by completing His own assignments down to the last detail. As I read that, my heart cried out for strength to be able to complete down the last detail all God has called me to here on this earth.

Listen to what He prayed over me. And you.
“Holy Father, guard them as they pursue this life… I’m saying these things… so my people can experience my joy completed in them… They are no more defined by the world than I am defined by the world…In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world…I want [them] to be with me… so they can see my glory the splendor you gave me… I have made your very being known to them—who you are and what you do—and continue to make it known to them.”

This is just a sample of the prayer found in John 17 from The Message. I love that He’s given me a mission and that He is continuing to reveal God’s character to me. That is encouragement that I need today. I am asking God for a special revelation of Him today since Jesus says He is doing it!

Won’t you join me on our mission? God, please give fresh revelations of who You are  and what You are doing today. Give us eyes and ears like Jesus’ as He walked on earth that we would see You and hear You and join You. Amen

Then come share your experience with me.

PS Don't forget about tomorrow morning's blogtalk radio show. See the post below for details.


7 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

OH.. Thank You for that Prayer... I love that you reminded me that I share a mission with Christ himself. Taking a break after 25 yrs. doing Youth ministry, I feel like I need to be out there doing something tangible...
Praying that God opens my eyes to opportunities...
God Bless you today.. ( & tomorrow as you do your interview :)

Heart2Heart said...

Lisa,

I've been praying to hear God's voice more in my own life after walking around in a state of what I would call spiritual dryness. Praying that you would be encouraged and empowered by the Holy Spirit today and that He fills you to overflowing so that it can splashed all over those around you. You always continue to inspire me.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Melanie said...

I think you should give yourself a break. You have been under a tremendous amount of stress on many levels.

Bernie said...

Lisa, you say the best prayers. Thank you for sharing.
It's okay sweetie, your okay. Anyone who has had cancer feels exactly like you and yes the same symptoms are the same except with me you could add neuropathy to the list.
Hang in there sweetie, you will be fine....love the prayer, love you.
.....:-) Hugs

Andrea said...

Continuing to storm the heavens with you,
andrea

Denise said...

Praying with you, and for you sis.

Kimberly said...

I can somewhat relate to how you feel. Earlier this year, I was severely fatigued and I felt exactly like you feel...brain fog, exhaustion, even depression. I just could barely move. I needed several naps a day just to survive. Turns out, I was severely anemic, to the point where I needed a blood transfusion! The difference I felt afterwards was amazing. Truly there is life in the blood!

But I realized too that my body was in a place where, even if I wanted to, I just could not make it do what I wanted it to do. Even after the transfusion, and feeling better, it took several months to get close to feeling normal (and also discovering a severe Vit. D deficiency, plus even after the transfusion I was still slightly anemic!)

Anyway, I say all that to say that you just do what you can do. I agree with Melanie, give yourself a break and time to rest. Not just physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. You've been through a lot, and I believe sometimes the best gift God gives us is time...take the time you need to gather your strength!

Blessings!