home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Special Sunday




In honor of Sunday, I thought I'd share the specialness of a Sunday a few weeks ago.



We had a beautiful summer Sunday and two very excited children.



Hunter got baptized.





Alyssa got baptized.




My mom was there. 
It was a very special day.

That's what baptism into the life of Jesus means. When we are lowered into the water, it is like the burial of Jesus; when we are raised up out of the water, it is like the resurrection of Jesus. Each of us is raised into a light-filled world by our Father so that we can see where we're going in our new grace-sovereign country. Romans 6:3-5 The Message

9 comments:

Loren said...

What a glorious day! Halleluah Lisa, Praising the Lord with and for you!

Love you,
xoxo

Barbie said...

That's so special. My 10-year old daughter got baptized just this morning!

Stacy said...

Rejoicing with you in new life in Christ and the public display of that life! How your mother's heart must be overjoyed.

Karen said...

One special Sunday indeed!God is good....blessings,Karen

Lisa Buffaloe said...

What a wonderful blessing! Rejoicing with you and your family.

Bernie said...

I'm sorry I haven't been by for a while Lisa, I have been having computer problems and am now trying to get use to a new laptop.
Love the pictures, everyone looks so lovely and congratulations to the children, any day is a wonderful day to be baptized. Stay well my friend....:-)Hugs

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, WoW! How good is our God! This is just awesome! Last year all 3 of my grands were baptised! there's just nothing like it! Just Love the Holy Spirit! and most of all when a child accepts Christ is a perfect example where Jesus tells us to become a little child. Thank You Jesus for your call. Have a great week:)

Christian Mom & Wife said...

Congratulations! I can't wait for my son to make that decision and get baptized.

I LOVE your layout by the way. Very cute.

Denise said...

Praising God with you sis, love you.