home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, August 09, 2010

Linky Love

One of the best parts of She Speaks was getting to spend time in real life with those who I usually only talk to online. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was spending a bit of time with Renee.

Renee just finished writing her first book! If you don't know Renee, you need to take a few minutes to visit with her today. Renee and I first met when she came to Houston last year. Of course, I felt like I knew her from her daily radio spots with Proverbs 31 on KSBJ. After that, we communicated by our blogs for about a year and then in January of this year, we both had breast biopsies within days of each other. We began praying for each other then and throughout my cancer journey, Renee has been a powerful prayer partner and great encouragement to me in my walk with the Lord and in my writing.

When Renee was given money for one She Speaks scholarship, she said she immediately heard God say give it to Lisa and Kimberly. She began praying and seeking a way to make this happen since she was asked to hold a contest to give the one scholarship away. In a way that only God can, He supplied the extra monies to make that one scholarship two and Kimberly and I were both freely given scholarships to She Speaks.

Here Renee and I are with her precious Ethiopian princess daughter, Aster and my new friend Micca.
Today take a few minutes to bless Renee thanking her for her prayers and congratulating her on the completion of her new book. Also take a minute to meet Kimberly and Micca. You'll be encouraged, I promise.

Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. Philippians 1:3-6 The Message


10 comments:

Deborah said...

You are very blessed to have such wonderful and caring friends.
xxoo
Deborah

Kimberly said...

My heart is STILL so overwhelmed by how the Lord provided for us to go...and overwhelmed by the whole experience. I so agree with you...it was so precious to get to meet and chat with Renee! And it truly was a joy to get to meet you, Lisa. I love how God makes connections in our lives. :)

Thanks for the linky love! I have yet to have time to post any pictures on my blog. I hope to soon, though!

Praying for you as you continue to process all He has shown you and as you continue to pursue Him passionately!

Love,
K :)

Denise said...

Friends are beautiful heart treasures.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, so happy to be back, checking on my bloggy friends! and so very happy to hear good report for you! WOW! God is good all the time, and All the time God is good!It sounds like you needed that get-a-way wk-end, and God Blessed you so with His Very presence! Love That Spirit!:) Have a Blessed week!

KELLY W said...

Can't think of any 2 people who deserve to go more than you two! It was an honor to meet both of you! See you both next year! I'm already saving my money!!! No more cookbooks to sell! LOL!

Sandy Cooper said...

My favorite part of She Speaks last year was meeting all my on-line friends in person too.

I want to hear all about your talks and your workshops and EVERYTHING. Let's talk soon?????

Love you!

Sandy

Connie Barris said...

A.M.E.N

For God Reveals His greats blessings to us all... in the showers of beauty..

awesome

Debbie said...

How wonderful to have been so blessed with such wonderful and caring friends. I am anxious to check out their blogs. Soo happy you were able to attend this event. God is soo good to us! have a wonderful day. HUGS, Debbie

You look wonderful btw.. = )

Danny said...

You really are blessed to have wonderful friends.

Can you guys check out my new blog?
InkedUpTattoo.blogspot.com

Renee Swope said...

Hey there sweetie!! I have been offline for a week after I finished my book. I just needed to turn my brain off and drink up my kids, my husband and my home. I have so enjoyed breathing in all I've been missing while I was away writing and at She Speaks.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your prayers!! I can't remember if I told you but I turned in my chapter questions at midnight last Tuesday. Then I collapsed for a day or so.

I L-O-V-E-D hugging you in person, taking pictures with you and Kimberly, and then hanging out on Sunday!!! What a treat to get that extra time before you flew home.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend who just found out she has ocular melanoma. I am praying for her now, with you.

I pray God keeps telling you again and again that I AM is sending you. Keep listening and sharing HIS words girl. We all need them!