home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, August 05, 2010

At the Name of Jesus


She Speaks Prayer Room Series Continued

The prayer room at She Speaks is a little famous. Ladies talk about their experiences there all the time. I definitely wanted to make sure I took the time to visit before the weekend swept by.

Now, the prayer room isn’t so full of God’s presence because of the ladies who set it up, pray over it or prepare it as a sanctuary, although, they are special ladies who love Him. The prayer room is a powerful place where God’s presence dwells because the Proverbs 31 team and many other women set aside a place and invite a sovereign God to dwell. It is a quiet and holy place amidst a crazy, fast-paced weekend where over six hundred women are talking lots and moving quickly.

That said. I started Friday afternoon with a pre-conference session. Before the actual conference had even started, I felt like crying. Seriously. After one hour of instruction, I felt like I had no clue how to deliver the message that burns in my heart.

By Saturday morning the tears were very real and very near. Threatening to spill down my cheeks, tears were pooled in my eyes for most of the morning. Although, I loved the instruction I was receiving and these everyday women had given me much more than advice, I was feeling completely overwhelmed.

I took a chance just after lunch to steal into the prayer room for a few minutes. Now, I crept into God’s presence as a child in trouble might search for her daddy. The tears that threatened to fall were evidence of God’s voice in my heart.

Many of you know, I went to She Speaks this year to get direction. How do I make this dream a reality? How do I figure out what to write a book about? Where do I begin? What do I do next? These were some of the many spiraling questions I sought answers to.

Much like the way I told my daughter to clean her room for the tenth time, what God spoke to me was this, “You know what to do. Now go do it and come see me when it’s done.” This reduced me to tears for several reasons. I’m afraid. I’m scared to take a risk. I saw all the time I had wasted by not moving my feet. But, mostly I saw my fear and selfishness for what they are, disobedience and distrust of my beautiful God.

So I entered the prayer room softly, treading on eggshells. I was immediately engulfed by God’s sweet presence. I was reassured of this. “The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it.” (1 Thess. 5:24)

My name was prayerfully placed by a name of God before I ever arrived at the conference. My name of placed by Jehovah-Tsidkenu, The Lord Our Righteousness.

God once again wants me to know that it’s not what I have done nor is it what I will do that qualifies me. It is what He has given that will fulfill my dreams. How can I not move forward in obedience? How can I not use my voice to share all that He has done in my life?

 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you… And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekial 36: 26a & 27



10 comments:

Denise said...

Keep moving, and keep sharing sweet sis. I love you.

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh so beautiful my friend...You are beautiful. You always inspire and encourage me here when I come by...always.

God has and continues to use you mightily right where you are. I thank Him for you!

Love & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Gretchen said...

Love you. That is all. This is amazing. In years to come, when you look over this part of your life, won't you just be awed by what God did?!!!

Stacey Dawn said...

Thank you - this post speaks to me because I'm afraid to step out and "do" as well - something I believe I'm being called to do because of what God has given me. Thank you.

Deb said...

"Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor.1:7-8

Lisa...this was so meaningful to me this morning as I continue on a journey similar to yours...writing, speaking,cancer survivor. I appreciated your post before you went to She Speaks...feeling like you're 12..we are so changed by our experience that it takes a bit to catch up with it..who am I now..how do I use this to bring glory to God..priceless, precious, oh so valuable lessons...we know we need to share it..almost a hard-to-contain urgency just waiting for release :)
I so wish I could have come to She Speaks and will hope for next year. Praying for God's will, wisdom and wonder,
Deb

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Lisa, this really spoke to me: “You know what to do. Now go do it and come see me when it’s done.” God has been speaking this in my ear since I went to She Speaks A YEAR AGO! And have I done it? No. I am so frustrated. Grrr.

If you need a writing accountability partner, let me know. :)

Renee Swope said...

Do you know how crazy I am about you? Spending time with you and just getting to connect as friends was one of the highlights of my She Speaks 2010!!! I wish there were 2 of me so I could be online catching up with everything SheSpeaks and then the other me could be writing chapter questions. I have 6 chapters done and 5 to go!!

Love you!
Renee

Karen said...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (ROM 15:13). You truly are an instrument of our Lord ....Thank you!

RefreshMom said...

Love this!

I'm writing up my own Prayer Room moment and would like to link to others' experiences. Would you mind if I post a link to this?

Blessings,
Mary

His Girl said...

just so you know, I am SEVENTEEN posts behind on your blog! catching up tonight... oh, I can see I'm going to looove reading about this!