home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rescue Me

This morning at church, the sermon reminded me of The Great Rescue.

He encouraged us to have a "no matter what" faith and used this verse.

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:17-18

It became one of my favorites when I did the Daniel Study during the time of my cancer diagnosis.

He invited us to examine our faith and tie knots in any loopholes that were allowing compromise.

And, then God gave me a strong yet gentle reminder of His grace. It was deeply personal and I will pondering it for awhile. When I can put it all into words, I'll share.

Happy Sunday ya'll.

This post is part of Sandy's series 30 Days of Hearing God.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds awesome sis.

Kimberly said...

I also love that story and the faith of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. I think of it often when I find myself in a faith trial, wondering if God is going to "come through" for me. It takes the condition out of our serving Him and loving Him. We don't love Him for what He can do for us, but for who He is. Thanks for sharing!

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, this was a very good post. Thanks for the Reminder of God's awesome power and promise! I love that story, it just kinda wakes up your
spirit to get back on track with our Faith! Thank you Lord! Have a good Monday!:)

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, this was a very good post. Thanks for the Reminder of God's awesome power and promise! I love that story, it just kinda wakes up your
spirit to get back on track with our Faith! Thank you Lord! Have a good Monday!:)

Nana's Nuggets said...

Oops, sorry for double comment! I don't know what happened, my computer just made a wierd noise when I pushed (publish).Then it just jumped around and put it double! Enjoy!

Donna said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for sharing! Our youth pastor spoke last night on the three Hebrew boys in the firey furnace. He talked about getting through our difficult times and remembering that God is there and He is faithful.

Blessings to you today!

Lisa @ Fulfilling My Purpose said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed browsing your blog. Your picture looks so familiar. Maybe I have stumbled upon your blog before. Hope to meet you at She Speaks. May God bless you richly while you are there.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

So glad that things are going good for you Lisa. I keep you in my prayers and am so thankful for the miracle God is working in your life.

You are a beautiful woman of God and i look forward to see what all God has for you in the future!

Amy Sullivan said...

First time here. Love the column on the left encouraging prayer for specific people.