home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Prayer

Today as I sat before the Lord, I really didn't have anything. I am feeling rather tired and stretched a little as today will be a very long day. I am attending a workshop at my husband's office. It should be fun. It's on increasing our memory skills. My husband said I definitely need it!

Then I will pick up my sweet Hunter and drive to MD Anderson for our group. I want this to be a fun time as it will be just the two of us.

I opened my Bible to John 17. It's worth reading or rather, soaking in. As you read, think of Jesus himself speaking the words over you. Here Jesus prays for all of those who will come to know Him for all time. That means Jesus is not only up in heaven somewhere praying for me but he prayed for me while he was on earth. That thought strengthened me.

Then I thought about how just like I'm praying fervently for my children while they are away from me, Jesus is up in heaven somewhere, my true and future home, praying for me now. Until we are reunited. That thought gives me enough strength to tackle today. And all it's mountains.

Sandy's post from yesterday is a really good word about climbing mountains too.

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Lisa, I hope you and your husband have a good day today and I will keep your children in my prayers for there good camping trip. They will have a blast, I'm sure!
Have a great day!
xxoo
Deborah

Andrea said...

Praying GOD will speak to your heart in a fresh new way, today.
Hugs,
andrea

Denise said...

God loves you dearly, and is watching over your precious children sis.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Lisa, hope all is well with you! Enjoyed your post today, and went to Jan's blog, and visited with a Prayer. I am so happy to meet both of you and gives me great pleasure to Pray for my sister's in Christ! May blessings and Love surround you today!:)

Jan said...

Hi Lisa :) I've been busy the last few days taking tests galore; and I, therefore, apologize for being so late in thanking you ... thanking you for your beautiful post below and all the kind words it contained. I also thank all of your wonderful friends and family who have already taken the time to stop by and wish me well. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate it!!!! May God Bless you my dear and prayers for your girls while they are away at camp. I imagine they are enjoying the time of their life as I speak :) Hugs!!!!

Debbie said...

Lisa, I'm praying for your girls as they are at camp. May the Lord comfort your heart as only He can today.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Bernie said...

Lisa, you sound tired, I hope you are not over doing it sweetie. You should use some of the time the children are at camp to rest. Loved your post, keeping you in my hands always......:-) Hugs

Sandy Cooper said...

It feels good just to rest in Jesus' words...

Love you,
Sandy