home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, July 11, 2010

For Your Worshiping Pleasure

I woke up with this Psalm lingering in my head. I approach my day with it lingering in my heart. 


Lord, may we worship you with thankful and full hearts today. All day. Even in the rushing of getting to Sunday service on time, may we approach one another and You with gladness in our voices and heart. Amen


On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, 
      sing yourselves into his presence. 

  Know this: God is God, and God, God. 
      He made us; we didn't make him. 
      We're his people, his well-tended sheep. 

  Enter with the password: "Thank you!" 
      Make yourselves at home, talking praise. 
      Thank him. Worship him. 

  For God is sheer beauty, 
      all-generous in love, 
      loyal always and ever.


This post is part of Sandy's series 30 Days of Hearing God.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, so beautiful.

Big Fat Mama said...

At church this morning, the guest speaker said he spends the mornings just being still and receiving Christ. He doesn't ask for anything, or even say anything. He just surrenders and receives Him. I loved what he said, and your post reminded me of it too. Just being still, praising, and receiving God.
Big Fat Mama

Sandy Cooper said...

Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him.


That is totally where I am today, Girl. Thanks for sharing this psalm. Love it.

Blessings,
Sandy