home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Special Thanks


I can’t begin to thank you all enough. I have read, reread and marveled over all your comments, emails and facebook messages. I know I will discover more comments from you as I click around on my computer. Let me tell you, an ordinary girl like me has never felt so special, so cherished, so loved.

When I rang that bell yesterday, I not only rang it for me but I rang it for you as well. I will post the thoughts that clanged around in my head as the bell tolled later but for tonight, know that just as I’m embarking on a new beginning, starting a new phase of life, God has something new for each of you too.

As I pulled the rope that rang the bell I prayed that God would give you courage to ring your own bell, to say yes to His open invitation and to just go and be the blessing you have all been to me. Let’s all find a way to pay this forward.

Again, I am simply overwhelmed at your kindnesses. I cannot believe how many of you would remember that I was ringing the bell yesterday. I was moved to tears by how many of you rang your own bells, logged onto my blog and facebook repeatedly to check on me and text me to tell me you were cheering for me. For those of you who God used cancer to bring into my life, you are one of the things I can thank God for in the midst of the road called cancer. For those of you who were stuck in my life anyway, I love you for sticking with me through thick and thin. And it’s been a lot of both lately, huh?

This is just a letter filled with love and gratitude from one cancer survivor to the world’s best support system. If you have been a part of praying for me, please keep lifting me up regularly. Pray for me because I do have a question for God. What now?

Palmer said it best when he woke up this morning and realized we weren’t going to the hospital. He asked me if I’d play with him because he told me I’d been forgetting to play with him because of the hospital. I told him we didn’t have to go back to the hospital because the doctors had treated mommy’s cancer so we were free to play. He just looked at me and said, “We’re not going?”

I said, “No, we’re finished going. We get to stay home now.”

He said, “What now, Mommy. What now?”

“Good question, son,” I answered, “Good question.”

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me .…that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:2 &12







11 comments:

Lisa Buffaloe said...

Praising God with you, Lisa!! Praying for you as you continue your hospital free journey. :)

Yay, God!!!

Bernie said...

So happy that you have finished your treatment.....and yes I did ring my bell for you and had tears in my eyes, tears of happiness. Enjoy this time of not having to go for treatment and accepting God's healing. So very happy for you and your family, will still keep you in my heart and prayers. We have to focus all our prayers on Shauna right now Lisa, she truly needs us.......:-)Hugs

Christie said...

Lisa,

I know this time (of ending and beginning) can be a confusing one. Full of joy, fear, what now?, what if?, etc. But, rest in knowing that your Savior is in control!

It has been a blessing to pray for you through this journey (and beyond)...welcome to the Survivor's Club :)

Love,
Christie

bigfatmama said...

Wow, you are so inspiring.

I understand your "what now" question. I can't answer that for you, but when I read your words, you know what I thought? Rest, just rest. God rested on the 7th day. He poured down manna and gave his people rest after years of running and trying to escape. He believes in rest. He is powerful enough to use you and allow you to glorify Him even as you rest.

Have a restful night. :)
Big Fat Mama

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Lisa, I haven't been commenting, but I have been following your journey. I praise our holy God--the great creator of our bodies and the healer of our diseases--along with you. He is God and He is good. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

Loren said...

Oh Lisa....rest in HIM and savor these precious days with your precious babies...play, stay in your jammies, watch movies, take naps :) do whatever you want to do and know the God knows your heart and HE has the what if's & the what now's all under control! Praising God WITH and FOR you !!

love you
xoxo

Denise said...

I was praying, and ringing that bell with you sis. I love you, and am so happy for you. Asking God to lead you through this next phase of your life. Prayers remain with you.

MommaMindy said...

What now? Play, sister, play!

So very thankful for the end of treatment, but still praying for the Lord's healing hand upon your body. Just as you heard and followed His voice through the cancer journey, may you continue to hear and follow Him as He guides you onto the next path.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!

Dust off those running shoes!

Praying for you and hoping you have great play time with Palmer!

Blessings,
Starla E.

angie128 said...

I'm pretty sure I heard you ringing that bell!

HOOOORAY!!!

God Is Able.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Tears flowing, praising God with you on this day. I've cried many, many tears for you at the foot of the cross, my dear friend and sister.

I am moved by your strength and faith. I am moved by your ability to cling to the Word of God in the face of your enemy. I am moved by your willingness to allow so many of us to walk this intimate journey with you.

I count it the highest honor to know you and pray for you.

I can't wait to finally meet you (someday).

Now, go play with your kiddos.

I love you,
Sandy


P.S. I am guest posting at my friend Julie's blog and linked to you from there. Just FYI. Love you again.

http://hisloveextendedministries.blogspot.com/2010/06/guest-post-today-when-i-look-in-mirror.html