home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Hot Mamas and Hot Springs

***Updated with picture of Lysa, Holly, me and Mo!*** (All other pictures accidentally taken in video mode...)


I spent my weekend with girlfriends. Lots of girlfriends. My friend, Moshelle, lives in southern California. The weather is perfect there. I flew into Orange County (without any major mishaps, I should add). I had lunch on the beach with Amber and Brandy. I got sad that I missed Andrea and Kim (Who knew I had so many southern Cal friends?). I didn't get a picture of Amber but I got pictures of our amazing food... hmmmm... what does this say about our priorities?


Then Mo and I drove to the desert. Murietta. There were hot springs there. I soaked my body in them craving all their medicinal qualities.

Her church was having a ladies’ retreat. Lysa and Holly were there. Crossline Church has one amazing group of ladies. I loved everyone I met! I can’t wait to tell you all about it.

I’ll be back to chat later. I promise. Since I got home I’ve been alternating between laundry and napping in my times between treatments. I came home to empty underwear drawers and extreme exhaustion. A fun weekend that made me so.very.t.i.r.e.d. And I’m realizing that when I’m that tired I have a tendency to lose my cool. And when undergoing a medical treatment that has a main side effect of fatigue, a nap makes perfect sense. So I’m trying to take a few naps in an effort to regain my coolness (that really means a nice, even, un-yelling tone of voice.) 

You should check out Lysa's blog to see why this is tops on my list (The not-yelling voice, not the naps). We spent Sunday at the retreat talking about coming home and I wanted my homecoming to be successful.

It’s good to be home and it’s good to know that I only have six more treatments left! The specific prayer request is that these next six will go well as tomorrow will mark the day that my treatment changes a bit.

Starting tomorrow I will see the doctor and then begin getting a “boost” which is an extremely high dose of radiation (electron beam therapy) that goes straight to the tumor bed to make the tumor bed a place where a tumor would never want to live again. My skin is already raw and blistered in this area. The entire radiated area has a red, itchy rash but the area around my surgical incision is really tender and I’m not looking forward to the next week. But then again, I am looking forward to the next week because the next week, no matter how painful it gets, means the finish line. I like finish lines.


And even though my pictures won't upload, thanks to Jesus in me (and to that nap I took), I won't lose my cool. Because God's girls were meant to keep their cool. Even in mini crisis like un-working zip cords. 


I've run hard right to the finish, believed all the way.  2 Timothy 4:7

Speaking of finish lines, please keep Cathy’s family and loved ones in your prayers as Cathy bravely finished her battle with cancer yesterday. Cancer took her body but it can never take her Life. She has entered into a Life we don’t yet know. Please remember especially her husband, two young children, parents and sister.


13 comments:

Denise said...

So glad you enjoyed your time away sis. Praying for your upcoming treatments, and for Cathy's family. I love you.

Andrea said...

WOW...I am thankful you were able to go on this women's retreat and spend time with great friends. What a blessing! Can't wait to see your pictures in HIS time!
Hugs,
andrea

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi Lisa~ I've been behind in blog reading, but have been praying for you often. So glad you can see the finish line, and that you had a great weekend! (And, I'm glad you are taking naps!!!) ;-)

With continued prayers for you, dear Lisa~

Jennifer

Queenmothermamaw said...

Prayers here for Cathy's family and for you dear woman. Wonderful time away good for you.
QMM

Moshelle said...

I'm famous! My name and pic landed on the Glad Chatter! hahaha
Seriously, with the craziness of the past couple of weeks I had no idea you had spread the word about Cathy to your bloggy friends. I was so touched to log on and see sisters I do not yet know lifting up prayers on behalf of our family. It means a lot to me and it means everything to her family!
Big Hugs!

bigfatmama said...

I pray you get some rest! You are such a strong and inspirational woman.

I am praying and believing in this truth for you - For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous, you surround them with your favor as a shield. Psalms 5:12
God Bless.
Big Fat Mama

Gigi said...

Friends lift our spirits so that we can more easily see the Face of God!! Glad you got to spend some time with those near and dear to you!

Keep your eye on the prize as you attend to these next 6 treatments...focus, focus! Soon, all of this will be just a distant memory. Praise God!!

LisaShaw said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Praying for you...

Love and blessings.

Josie said...

I was wondering how you ate In and Out burger. For a while I thought there might be a chain in Conroe and was ready to make the drive!!..slightly disappointed. Glad you're gettin close!

Deborah said...

Hi, What a nice break! I just read your past posts to catch up. I have been very busy, but I'm sorry about your friend with lung cancer. I just lost my best girlfriend to Lung cancer on May 11.
I think I need a break too, so I'm going to the spa next week with my daughter. Should be fun!
I think of you often and keep you in my prayers even if I'm not reading your blog everyday!
xxoo
Deborah

GrandmaK said...

What a grand time you had!! May Cathy's family be abundantly blessed for having had her their lives.

Wishing you well! Cathy

prashant said...

Can't wait to see your pictures
Banner Advertising Network India

Ashley said...

I was just thinking about you and thought I would look through your blog entries again....I already read all of them. I came to this one and as my mouse lingered over the picture, I had a hand so I could click. I clicked. It blew up the picture to allow me to see that you are wearing your necklace. I cry...very emotional tonight.
It makes me smile and cry at the same time.

I love you and am praying for you every day. Only 2 more days and you are done! I will be celebrating your completion on Wednesday...it will be in my sleep, but know I am celebrating.