home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Choices

I was reading Psalm 73 today. I learned the words to it in a song many years ago. I just kept singing them all day long. I keep singing them because I want them to be the truth that I sink my feet into when I step out of bed each morning.

Just listen.
In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want. My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever. (verses 25 &26)

I think this past week my body has failed. I’m tired. I can’t seem to get my house picked up, my laundry put away or errands run. My physical strength is depleted and I’ve run out of time. My mind has failed. It’s full of silly girl fluctuating emotions. I’ve bombed when God has asked me to do things. I’ve dropped the ball on several opportunities. I’ve said the wrong things and placed way too much significance on the temporary. I’ve failed to see what’s really important. I really hate that.

Yet I know that God is so good. He will give me another opportunity. He will give me another assignment. He always gives me another chance. That’s why I keep singing this Psalm. “God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Did you know one way Webster’s defines portion is this?
A share received by gift or inheritance.

Isn’t that so neat? God’s strength takes over where ours stops if we just receive it. God’s truth takes over where our emotions fall flat if we just accept it. God’s grace seeps all over the places I get heartbroken. God’s perspective helps me to see clearly when I find myself wandering in the dark. I love how the CEV says that God is my strength and my choice forever.

Today I just kept thinking all day long how no matter how tired I got or how crazy I felt I was choosing God all day long. Let me be clear, I didn’t have a perfect day but I think it’s a start.

Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever… The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. Psalm 73:25-26 & Lamentations  3:24 (The Amplified)

7 comments:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I'll be praying that your strength is restored too. I continue to be inspired by your faith and the way God is using you.
Blessings,
Marcia

Denise said...

Sweet sis, you are only human. Your going to get tired, and have bad days. But, God will never leave your side, and He will always renew you.By the way, even on your bad, down days, your inner strength, and beauty continue to shine. You remain forever in my prayers, I love you.

Loren said...

I love this post! If only we allow HIM to do these things or more of HIM and less of US! Lisa, I thank you for sharing the good, the bad, the hard, and then well, the not so pretty. No matter what it is you share you shine for HIM and spur us on to seek and glofiry HIM !!!

Love, hugs and prayers to you !!!

xoxo

Queenmothermamaw said...

It is so hard to be sick. I always get down on myself and really find it hard to be human. Thank goodness for your faith because He knows we are human and will be right there all the time. Blessings and still praying at 2:30 PM.
QMM

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post!

"Today I just kept thinking all day long how no matter how tired I got or how crazy I felt I was choosing God all day long."

Amen!

Praying...
Starla

Christiana said...

My precious, sweet, wise friend.

I NEEDED this today.

I am choked up and teary (hello "silly girl fluctuating emotions"), and gaining such strength and comfort from God's promises through your writing.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart, and ministering to mine in the process.

P.S. Someday I want to hear you sing that song.

Anonymous said...

http://speedetpoi.co.cc/1/418.html костюм сауна для похудения
http://pathlucklleg.co.cc/3/163.html как делать антицеллюлитный массаж
http://speedetpoi.co.cc/24-05-2010/dieta-na-grechnevoy-kashe.html диета на гречневой каше
http://speedetpoi.co.cc/24-05-2010/18-06-2010.html как подобрать диету
http://kingpasscals.co.cc/deystvennie-dieti/20-04-2010.html диета при язве желудка
http://stevosgor1968.co.cc/06-07-2010/09-03-2010.html диета стол 6
http://pathlucklleg.co.cc/25-08-2010/26-09-2010.html диета при онкологии
http://deptyczpit.co.cc/03-2010/93.html раздельное питание рецепты скачать