home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, May 03, 2010

Today's Update

Hello Faithful Friends,

This is Sarah giving you tonight's update. Lisa does not have internet set-up yet and wanted me to let you know how about today and some upcoming prayer points.

Today was the radiation simulation to prepare Lisa for the weeks of radiation treatments to come. She said that it went well and she is ready to get things rolling on Wednesday.

On Wednesday she has a doctor's appointment at 9:30AM followed by her first full radiation treatment at 10:15. For this appointment, she will be taking Palmer (her youngest) to the onsite childcare while she ventures this first treatment alone. Please keep her in your prayers as I know you all do. This is a wonderful blessing that the Lord has provided Lisa the opportunity to receive treatment at the best cancer center in the United States, but I can imagine there might be a little fear as this step is taken. We know that fear is not of the Lord and I pray specifically that during all treatments and between treatments as side affects might come, that fear is absent and Lisa is filled with joy.

Hopefully Lisa will have internet soon and she can be back with a more detailed update.

Blessings to you all,
Sarah

12 comments:

Bernie said...

Lisa will do just fine, and Palmer will have fun in childcare as she receives her treatment. This is not a harsh treatment....it may save my dear friend's life. I know God is providing everything available to help my dear friend. Please let her know she is in my heart and prayers daily....:-) Hugs

Patrina said...

thanks, Sara for the update...yes, I'm in prayer for Lisa and the family. God is in control!!

Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Denise said...

Thanks for the update Sara, praying for, and loving dear Lisa.

Donna said...

Thanks Sarah for the update on the move and radiation treatment for Lisa. She will continue to be in our prayers this week.

Debbie said...

She is in my prayers for sure!! BLESSINGS AND HUGS, Debbie

Renee Swope said...

"Fear not, for I am with you!!" Jesus just wanted me to remind you that He's right there by your side. Every step of the way. So excited you are in your new home and starting new treatment. I know this is overwhelming but you are being carried by Jesus and so many others who are praying for you daily. Love you precious friend and warrior princess!!

Gigi said...

Praying for you today, sweet Sister, as you preemptively strike any remaining unhealthy cells! They don't stand a chance!

May you know His peace today and always...

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

i dont know you, i came across this , i found it in marshas musings, you are not in this alone, claim victory right now, you are beautiful, strong and the good lord has already blessed you, you will do wonderful !!! stay positive and keep the faith, i will be praying for you. love ya

Cindy

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Praying for you, Lisa...And thank you Sarah for letting us know...Give Lisa my love...and that I'm praying for her especially today...but that I am praying every night!!! And will continue to do so...Love, Janine XO

Laura said...

I am praying for you daily, Lisa! I added your beautiful button to my blog. Many prayers and blessing to you, friend. :-)

With lots of love,
Laura

Linda Higgins said...

You will be in my daily prayers! I recently went through radiation treatment myself, 28 days straight of it...piece of cake...you will do just fine, just remember to take care of YOUR needs. You will be a little more tired than usual, and don't be so hard on yourself when you want to take a nap! If you are working....sneak in a nap when the kids are playing or before dinner! Just remember to take care of yourself. It is a drain emotionally as well as physically! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Deborah said...

Lisa, it is Wednesday night and I am praying that today's treatment went well. I'm sure it did!
xxoo
Deborah