home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Today

As you all know, I am speaking tonight at Faith Baptist Church in Madisonville. For ticket information, call Kelly Smith at 936-348-3993.

I know God has a special message for these ladies. He wants them to join in sweet fellowship with Him no matter what circumstances they find themselves in... Would you pray that each woman there would respond as Jesus sweetly woos our hearts?

And...the radiation, it's going well. Some facts for you to know are these. Monday and Wednesday were a little unnerving for me. I'll explain more later. I was determined to take the expert doc's advice and rest in the treatment. Thursday and Friday were so much better. I got switched to a new team and a new room and all is going well.

My body looks like a giant bull's eye for a nuclear bomb! It's all marked up but I did discover the red ink comes off my clothes, mostly. So that's a plus. (The blue and black ink are covered in waterproof tape... question: does your skin burn through that tape?)

I get four beams. Two long (lasting around 30 seconds) and two short (lasting around 5 seconds). One long and long short on each side of my tumor site. The tumor bed itself and my still healing incision are very tender. I can actually feel that one long beam entering my body. Every hair stands on end briefly. I think it's because it's a higher dose of radiation and the tissue is still healing.

Last night I was very itchy there. Please pray I am not starting to burn already. I've got a long way to go, 27 more rads. Plus the last five will be a very strong dose (electron beam) directly to the tumor bed. I need for my skin to hold out until then or it will hurt thankyouverymuch! Today it is not irritated at all and I am thankful for aquaphor, the weekend and a two day break.

The whole time in the hospital without Palmer takes about 30 minutes. Usually I check in and then wait which takes about 15 minutes. The time I'm called back until I'm ready to go takes about 15 minutes too. Taking Palmer to the childcare and picking him up adds about 30 minutes. So the time there is only thirty minutes to an hour but the drive takes all day! I think I've finally figured out the fastest way and if there are no accidents it should go quickly from here on out as long as I don't get distracted by Starbucks, the local Steinmart or the awesome Lifeway Bookstore in The Woodlands! (I got my free NLT Life Application Bible this week. Thank you Tyndale!!)

The only difference in my overall health I'm noticing is that I'm ready for bed at 8:00. Each night my head starts whirring at about 8:00 and I feel as if my arms and legs will fall off if I don't get in bed. Getting in bed is a challenge as some nights we don't get home from soccer until 8:00! I know God will help me work it all out and I am feeling very rested this morning. Thank you for praying me through.

I'll fill you all in a little more later but just wanted to be sure I had you praying for the ladies at Faith Baptist in Madisonville tonight and the message God has for them.


20 comments:

Denise said...

I will be praying sis, I know that they will be sweetly blessed by you. I love you.

Angel Muly said...

So glad radiation is going well so far. I will definitely be praying for your skin, my mom went through that!! You are an amazing woman and I know the message you deliver to those ladies this even will bless them, just wish I could be there!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!! Love and blessings

Melanie Redd said...

Hey Lisa,

Praying for you today... so sorry you are having to live through all of these treatments and side effects.

Asking God to ease the discomfort and itching.

Thank you for your faithfulness to share and to minister right in the middle of your pain.

I am blessed and encouraged by your courage and by your testimony!

Blessings,
Melanie

Cindy Bultema said...

Dear Lisa,
I'm praying for you and these dear women now. I pray that God will prepare their hearts to receive a fresh Word from Him. May He remove any and all distractions and obstacles, and open their ears, eyes, and heart. I'm believing Him for a great, life~changing night ~ and for a fresh anointing for you! May the Lord infuse you with His strength and energy! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Also, please know, I will continue to journey with you in prayer through your radiation treatments. May you sense the Lord's presence with you every step of the way.
Blessings to you, dear sister!
Love
Cindy :)

P.S. I have something I would like to send to you ~ would you mind privately sending me a mailing address for you.

Debbie said...

Lisa, glad to read your latest update on the radiation. Please know that you are being prayed for. I will also be praying that the Lord would prepare each of the ladies' hearts in the Baptist church who will hear you speak. May He prepare their hearts to receive the message of love. And I will also add that He would give you the words to speak.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Laura said...

Oh, Lisa. It's been a while since I've been able to visit, but you are in my prayers every day.

Happy Mother's Day, you beautiful mommy.

Christie said...

Lisa,

From what I remember about radiation...it's been 7 years...the tape and markings come off once they have your "coordinates" in...but I may not be remembering right and things may have changed since then!

Anyway, I'm praying for you.

Praying that God would be glorified at your speaking engagement.

Love,
Christie

Mary Nelson said...

Hello, precious girl! Thank you so much for letting us know how your radiation days are going. It does, indeed, help me to picture you there and pray accordingly. Loving and praying for you!

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh dear Lisa I am praying for you and for the sister Christian ladies. You are so strong and faithful. Most Happy Mother's Day to you. Blessings
QMM

Bernie said...

I used baby powder on my site Lisa and my skin was a light pink (sunburn) but I was completely healed when I had radiation as I had to have chemo first. I did feel tired as 30 days of driving, mine was 45 minutes each way, took a lot of energy.
I am keeping you in my heart and prayers always.
When you feel up to it, let us know about about your new home and how the kids are settling in etc.
Big Hugs and a very Happy Mothers Day.........:-)

Gigi said...

Happy Mother's Day, sweet Lisa! I know everyone was blessed by your message yesterday!

Thank you for giving me some focus in my prayers for you...I love that!! Just know that you will continue to see our mighty God do mighty works in your life!

mrs. smith said...

good to hear everything is going so well! hang in there! we'd love to see you one day soon. happy mother's day,
tks
matt and hc

Kari said...

I hope your speaking engagement went well and that you are enjoying your Mother's Day!

Pleasant Drive said...

Sweet Lisa,
You have a LOT on your plate. Isn't it nice to know that the Lord has already settled the details? I mentioned in another comment that I had just finished my 30 rounds of radiation. My doc prescribed a cream called Xclair. And, I'll have to say, it worked like an absolute charm. I never experienced ANY skin changes. Just a thought. Praying that the seeds you plant tonight will be fertilized and grown into magnificent truths in the ladies' lives.

Lelia Chealey said...

Love you Lisa.

Jan said...

I sure hope everything went well Saturday night Lisa and hope you had a Happy Mother's Day :) I'll be praying for no burns!

TRUTH SHARER said...

Lisa:

Keep sharing your faith and keep trusting His Heart! He will lead you through it all!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

Renee Swope said...

Can't wait to hear how God showed up and showed HIMSELF off through you!!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Wow!!! You are doing so very, very well!! Praise God!!! But I'm not letting up...prayers still going up for you constantly! Love you! Janine XO

His Girl said...

Oh, look at how far behind I am! Yikes!

I'll be reading but not commenting til the end. Know how proud I am of you, and how dumb I think stupid cancer is.