home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Pictures

Ummmm… Don’t know how to tell y’all this but I can’t find a camera, a zip cord or a spot in this house that is picture worthy right now. So, pictures will have to wait until tomorrow when I promise to come straight home from treatment and unbox my study, find my zip cord and take a picture for you dirty or not. Can we make a deal?

Let me start with the beginning…

The Move

Remember how I begged the good Dr. Z to give me two weeks so that I could move a wee bit closer to the medical center in Houston before I began the daily commute to treatment and cancer freedom? Well, the first week of the two was spent trying to pack in an organizational way while trying to reincorporate my daily runs, begin weight lifting again, trying to cook somewhat nutritional meals in lieu of takeout and just try to live a “normal” week while becoming ready to move and begin radiation. Sound weird?

It’s not so weird if you’ve ever been in a situation where you just long for the routine you kissed goodbye to go on a detour of suffering and surviving. The boredom that I used to feel in daily routine suddenly lost its mundane nature and now holds an attractive appeal. You see, unknowingly I found great security in my daily routine. I worked hard over the years to get to a point where I had one. I relished the day that I woke up and didn’t feel pregnant, post partum or tired.draggy.exhausted and I was loving it. Perhaps too much.

So, here I am once again, tired.draggy.exhausted and routineless. Surviving the daily, doing what I have to do and looking for moments to grab in its midst.

Week one of my two week hiatus to move, I found those moments. I grabbed hold. I ran. I methodically packed. We all had a suitcase.

Week two of the hiatus, I lost those moments. I frantically shoved random stuff in boxes. We ate junky takeout and greasy pizzas for dinner every night. I was no longer grabbing moments, I was living them one.at.a.time. I couldn’t look any further forward then right now and it was all good. I saw “each day take care of itself.”

Wednesday of the week two, I got a phone call. Some dear friends wanted to bless us and were sending a mover. Shortly after phone call one, I got phone call two. Andrew’s office was providing a trailer and a trip. I contacted both movers. Mover one said Saturday wouldn’t work but possibly Friday would. This stressed me a tad because mover two wasn’t supposed to come until Saturday morning but I knew we could deal.

I called mover two. He kindly told me I was misinformed. He wasn’t available on Saturday but would be there at early o’thirty Friday morning. I think I forgot to mention that it was Thursday afternoon by now. Oh my stars! I was moving the following morning!

Friday morning, mover one shows up. He loads his trailer, announces he’s full and shuts the doors. At just that precise second, mover two drives up. Seriously, y’all. I couldn’t have planned it better if I had worked for years. It was amazing!

Once again, God proved Himself to be a God of the details. He’s not only a God of the large, He’s also a God of the small. I don’t know about you but I like that. I have lots of the small in my life!

Next time, I’ll tell you all we’re laughing at like the fact that none of my furniture fits up my stairs… I might even show you a picture of how my children lay on an old mattress to watch TV. How’s that for redneck? Or I could share with you how we found Fireball, my daughter’s pet frog on the bathroom floor… Fireball’s owner did not find him. She was sleeping peacefully, was being key to the happy ending of this story. Or I could share with you how as much as I want to be “settled” and organized, the boxes just really don’t bother me right now and how, yes, we are still dining on takeout until we just can’t take it and then we pull it together long enough to throw something on the grill. I could tell you how my daughter, Julia, earned the new nickname Spider and I could tell you all about the new and recent antics of Palmer.

I also want to share with you my lesson about the ladder and the one word that describes radiation and of course, the chat I had with the ladies on Saturday night. So see, there will definitely be some glad chatter going on around here!

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 The Message

10 comments:

TRUTH SHARER said...

What a blessed message to receive from the Lord today----- and it's the same message He's always telling us!

Each Day is A Gift!!!

[[hugs]]
Choosing JOY, Stephanie

Anita said...

I kind of lost it today when my mother told me that her health issues are not getting better yet.

Thanks for your good message. God will handle it, won't he. :)

Lelia Chealey said...

You're awesome Lisa!!
love,
LC

Bernie said...

This is a great post Lisa, it tells me you are living in the moment.....everything is falling into place as it should and you are very relaxed about it. I think this is great and will help the kids to adjust to everything when their mom is so calm.
Hang in there sweetie, going up every day......:-) Hugs

Christie said...

Lisa,

You are entitled to a few days (or weeks) of little organization! Just remember that God has control of it all :)

Praying for you!

Love,
Christie

Denise said...

I love you sis, looking forward to all you are going to share.

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh I hope so. My daughter is finely better today. Thank goodness. You are doing so good with your encouragement and inspiration. Blessings
QMM

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

I am really really proud of you. I saw your video on Amber's blog. You make cancer look GOOD. Seriously, it has nothing on you. xoxoxoxxoxo

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

I am really really proud of you. I saw your video on Amber's blog. You make cancer look GOOD. Seriously, it has nothing on you. xoxoxoxxoxo

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I'm so glad...I just keep praying...and it seems many others are as well...and obviously, God just keeps blessing! I'm thankful! Love you, Janine XO