home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fighting Cancer

I've got to get on the road to get my rads... Sounds like a new song, huh? I'm sure if I recorded it, it would be a hit!

Seriously, the hardest part in all of this is the time commitment. But then again, is there too much of my time to give to fight cancer? I have a list. As you can imagine it is very long. Some of the the most important things on it are post on blog, unpack boxes and buy paint for Thursday. Then there are things like go to grocery store, pick up cleaning and do laundry. But the one thing at the top bolded in all caps is this FIGHT CANCER!

I am finding most days I only have time for item one. That is frustrating but rewarding at the same time. It reminds me of finally having the baby, yet finding that all I do is sit around and nurse/rock/hold/change! You know, counting the days until you can hold your bundle of joy only to find that they seemingly never end... That's a little how I feel. Finally, I am doing something about this blasted cancer. I fought long and hard to get to one of the best high volume facilities in the country. I'm here! And I'm fighting. Every.single.day.

The drive is long and tiring but the fight itself is very rewarding. So hang in here with me and join me as I sing good-bye to cancer.

I will start from the beginning (hopefully later this afternoon) to tell you all about my experiences in the radiation bunker, show you pics of my new home and share with you how God showed up and showed off at Faith Baptist Church in Madisonville. He really is amazing!

But for now, I'm off to fight cancer!

But in that coming day
no weapon turned against you will succeed.
You will silence every voice
raised up to accuse you.
These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;
their vindication will come from me.
I, the Lord, have spoken!
Isaiah 54:17

8 comments:

Loren said...

You Fight my friend and in HIM you will be Victorious! Just like when that precious baby is born you are amazed at the grace and mercy of God ~ you can see that in this time of fighting as well...all those other things melt away as you take care of you and win this battle!

Praying and looking forward to those new pics!

Andrea said...

My sweet friend...there is plenty of time for boxes, etc. Keep fighting the good fight...HE has prepared the way before you and HE will indeed see you through! Much hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea

Anita said...

Isn't it amazing how the world doesn't stop when we're a little tired or frustrated. :)
Right now, I need to get off the computer and go to four different stores. Even though I'm not fighting cancer, I'd still rather be doing something else, but, I'm going to thank God for my blessings and get on with it.
We're both going to have a good day, and tomorrow too!

Angel Muly said...

I'm so glad you are doing well!! Your fight amazes me. Can't wait to see the house and hear about Saturday night!! Love and Blessings

Queenmothermamaw said...

Lisa you are such an inspiration. We are fighting mental illness here in my little family. Only God is our help.
Blessings
QMM

Tea With Tiffany said...

Fight, my friend. God is with you. I'm praying for you and believing for complete healing. I wish I were closer to help with that dreaded laundry. :) Love and hugs.

Denise said...

God is in the ring with you sis, together you are going to kick the enemy back to hell. I love you.

Bernie said...

Oh sweetie, I found the same thing, it was all the driving that bothered me the most. I also think it was a huge factor in my being so tired. You are doing very well, this time will go by fast and then you can tend to the other things on your list......:-) Hugs