home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 16, 2010

Retreating and Resting

We are back from the radiation doctor. The visit went well. He said the tumor was too close to the chest wall for his comfort and radiation would be beneficial. I go back May 3 and start May 5. I will give you more details later. We thank you for your prayers.

I am going on a special retreat tonight. This weekend and all the other weekends spent with these ladies make up a large stone in the altar of my heart. This retreat has become a pilgrimage in my life over the last 18 years. This is a place of freedom, refuge and intimacy for me. Last year’s retreat was the beginning walking out this dream of mine. I know it’s no mistake that the retreat is this weekend.

This week has been the hardest week second only to the week of diagnosis. So many ups and downs. I haven’t felt this scattered since finding out I had cancer, a rare and aggressive cancer and that my insurance couldn’t properly treat and wouldn’t allow experts at MD Anderson to treat either. That was a crazy bad week. This week was just crazy. Not all bad but certainly all crazy.

God knew.

He knew I would need a resting place, a shelter from the storm of this week. A shelter for today. It’s no mistake the theme is this:

I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Matthew 11:28

He knew I would need His ever-present help to comfort me after this week. After this day. This retreat is a place He is ever present. Very present.

I can’t wait to refresh, soak and just be. With Him. I hear Him calling me to come away with Him. I am ready, Lord.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

18 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoy your weekend sweet sis, crawl up in our Father's lap, and just rest. I love you.

Bernie said...

Glad you are home, enjoy your retreat and know you are always in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

Kimberly S. said...

(((Hugs))) and Prayers.

B His Girl said...

You need some R & R. I pray the Lord gives you peace with this. B

~ Being Woven said...

"I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace." Matthew 11:28
What blessed assurance! I am so grateful that God has placed you in the midst of this group and them around you. His timing is always His, and always perfect. May you have the sweetest weekend and learn those beautiful "unforced rhythms of grace".
loving you, ~ linda

HIS daughter said...

I am so thankful that we can run to our Savior and find rest-true rest-in HIM. He is so good! I am praying so hard for you!
Katy

Smelling Coffee said...

Praying you are rested and renewed... Much love to you~
Jennifer

kim said...

Lisa--praying that you find rest in your retreat!

Lora said...

Praying your retreat is sweet dear one. With continued prayers and much love.

Nana Jul said...

I hope your retreat is incredibly blessed with the presence of the Lord! I hope He Lavishes His Love on you so much so that you are able to release it all into His ever able and loving Hands, and leave there KNOWING He's got you!!
Be blessed, get rest, and let Him fill you up!
Love,
Julie

Patrina said...

Amen! Lisa....Sounds like time for "breakfast on the beach with Jesus" as Elaine from Peace for the Journey would say. I know of no other way to get centerd - than to spend quality time with Him - alone or with other Godly women. So glad you have this weekend to quiet your soul - away from it all! You have sooo much on your plate, girl! God is faithful - God is good! God loves you!!

Hugs, dear friend
Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

GrandmaK said...

Praying your restful retreat is just that. May God bless you abundantly!!! Cathy

chasity said...

sweet lisa~
hope your weekend is filled with blessings and that you feel GOD'S love all around you.

you are in my thoughts and prayers.

big hugs~
chasity

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

((hugs)) Hope you have a wonderfully refreshing time. Still praying for you!

Nicole said...

God bless you and may you rest in God's anointed grace!

Tea With Tiffany said...

This is a huge, huge praise to know you are at a retreat now. God is so good. May you be satisfied and comforted in His presence. He loves you so much.

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

Lisa - We all need retreat. In war, it's often seen as a sign of weakness. But so many times, when opposing armies "run away", it's really to save themselves from death. And other times, the rest gives them a reprieve to formulate a new way to attack the enemy. You are no shrinking violet. You, too, will use some downtime to come back like a fighter. I know it. oxoxoxxoxoxoxox

Christie said...

Praying that you have/had a good weekend. You are right, God placed it at the right time, for the right purpose...to give you rest and rejuvenation.

Praying for you!

Love,
Christie