home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 09, 2010

Picture Perfect






Last October when we decided we were going to sell our house and go, I knew I wanted pictures of my family on the Texas A&M campus. I want them to know that no matter where they end up in this life that the Aggies are a part of their blood. They do bleed maroon!

We were not sure where we would go at that time, just that God was calling us forward. Since then we've explored places all over Florida, Texas and even College Station. Now we know God was preparing us for all of this change and a relocation to Conroe. He is so good to have us prepare our home to sell and place it on the market in October way before the stresses of a cancer diagnosis or a long commute to a new job put pressure on us.

I even emailed a friend asking her to take some pictures of us. She responded that she really wasn't taking pictures any more but gave me someone else to contact. I didn't. I got cancer. I forgot about trying to plan the pictures.

Then Charly called. She's a friend of a friend who's my friend now. She takes pictures and God laid it on her heart to take pictures of my family before I started treatment (and still had hair). As I read her email, I wept. God is so good to me. So very good.

We scheduled the shoot for the next week and I started planning, found clothes for everyone and anxiously awaited the big day. Now you should know that I've never had a photo shoot like this. It all seemed like so much trouble and money is always tight and we have my incredible sister-in-law that is always snapping away at family events so I just never have done the planning. However, I did want pictures on campus this spring. I really did.

The photo shoot was so much fun. I loved every second of it. I loved it way more than most of my family. Seriously, I'm not sure I should've loved it as much as I did. Charly is great! She got to know the kids real quickly and got some good shots of even the most uncooperative children.

Today I'm sharing some of our favorite shots with you and later this weekend I'll share a crazy story about Charly with you... Something awesome that happened because of her kindness to me. It's really cool and you won't want to miss it; I just don't have time to link it all up right now. So for today enjoy Charly's take on God's work!



21 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful family...beautiful pictures!

Jennifer said...

cute cute and cute!

Bernie said...

Loved these photos Lisa, so glad you had them done.....many prayers for you and your family....:-) Hugs

Tammy Real-McKeighan said...

These are wonderful, beautiful family photos! BTW, please copy and paste this address into the browser and read some of my columns. I'm praying that they bring you comfort and peace: http://fremonttribune.com/search/?l=50&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&q=spiritual+spinach
Or you may visit fremonttribune.com and type spiritual spinach in the white search box at the top of the page and go to the Life section.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May he make his face shine upon you and give you peace.

Denise said...

Such a precious family sis, love you.

Loren said...

Oh Lisa! These are WONDERFUL! God is sooo good tooo you and HE just shines in each of your faces too! Bless you my friend....Love you

Sonja said...

absolutely precious!!

Connie W said...

The photos are wonderful. :)

misslynda said...

Your kids are so cute and I can tell you had fun during this photo shoot. Praise God for this wonderful day of memories.

Gigi said...

Awesome!! What wonderful memories of that day you'll always have!

Tea With Tiffany said...

Love the family jump!

:)

Praying for you still.

love, t

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great, great, fabulous pictures...so glad you shared them

Patrina said...

Lisa, tose were sooo coolio!! I loved them. You have such a beautiful smile. I love all dressed in blue.. The leap at the end was just like a LEAP of FAITH!! I saw it instantly as a VICTORY jump! That is just so perfect!! What a beautiful familoy you have. god bless you all real good. I pray His continued favor on you and in your lives - Thanks for sharing these. I will se this LEAP of FAITH everytime I pray for you and your beloved family!!

Hugs,
Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

His Girl said...

xoxo

Amanda said...

Beautiful pics!!! Our kids bleed Oklahoma Sooner Red so I get the whole Aggie thing.

Andrea said...

Loved these pictures..especially the one where your hubby is looking down at you..it made me cry! You can see the love in his eyes!

Blessings, andrea

nancygrayce said...

Great pictures! You have a beautiful family!

Kathryn Taylor said...

Thank you for sharing. Your family IS beautiful! I'm excited about your new journey. I know all about those...they lead you to new places in your faith. I hope my family can take pictures on the campus one day. I forgot to tell you that God sent us an Aggie student to work on our team this semester. A little bit of home for us to enjoy... Love you.

Marydon Ford said...

Lisa, what a beautiful family you have. The pictures are absolutely wonderful!

I hope this finds you doing well at this point ... prayers continue for you, & your entire family.

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Nana Jul said...

So cute!! Love the color you picked too! Charly did great!!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Julie

Ms. Understood said...

I LOVE the pictures. I'm so glad you got them done. The outfits/colors are perfect and POP so well.