home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, April 05, 2010

PET & Rib news

Good Monday to y'all! This is just a quick update to let you know, in case you haven't heard, my appointment in Houston went really well on Friday. Really well.

My scans were all clean. My ribs have no lesions, cracks or metastases. We were so relieved to hear that. We are hoping the rib pain is something caused by surgery and will pass soon. The radiologists also reviewed my PET scan and gave us a good report explaining that the pelvic area was caused by ovulation. Great news!

I pray you all had a wonderful Easter celebrating the Risen Savior! We celebrated at a beautiful service in Conroe. Then made sure our children had plenty of sugary treats hidden in colorful plastic eggs. I loved seeing children of all ages enjoying spring, Easter traditions and each other!

As for the house situation... There is ONE house in all of Conroe that I like. I have had some words with the Lord over it while sitting with crossed fingers and clenched fists... NOT a good way to be! I'm working at releasing yet another aspect of my life, holding with open hands, dreaming with an open heart and praying on bended knee. However, I am a woman on a mission this week! Selling this current house is at the top of my list of things to do. So y'all know what that means? Yes, the granite man is coming this morning. So long outdates, hello updates. Would you join me in praying our house sells this week? My husband is so tired. He woke up this morning and said that is the prayer of the week. We're ready to be there, Lord. We're tired. We miss our daddy.

I'll be back later but wanted to share the GOOD NEWS!

Happy Monday!

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Proverbs 3:5-8

18 comments:

Holly Novak said...

So good to hear the news from your scans Lisa! I know that God will be blessing you on your journey and I'm thankful that I can follow you and encourage you along the way! I'll be praying your house sells quickly and that everything will fall into place. Yes, keep your eyes on Him, He's going to use you to bless others and bring glory to Himself through it all!

Queenmothermamaw said...

Praying right along with you dear family. Your faith will get you there for sure. Blessings
QMM

Jan said...

Oh Lisa, honey, that is absolutely fantastic news; and I'll be sending oodles of Praises up for this wonderful blessing you and your family have received along w/some prayers for the sale of your house!!! Big happy, grateful hugs to you this morning :)

Meri said...

Wonderful news! Many blessings to you.

Donna said...

Wonderful news and answers to many prayers that were lifted up on your behalf! God is so good! We give Him glory!

Denise said...

Praising God with you dear sis, love you.

Smelling Coffee said...

So happy for your good news!!!!! Continuing to pray for you all~
Jennifer

GrandmaK said...

Trust is not easy but you know He always comes through!!! Miracles are at work in you!! Grand news!!! May God continue to hold you in his loving arms! Cathy

chasity said...

I pray for God's blessings and comfort for you dear Lisa.
I hate to hear of more people getting this terrible disease but I'm so glad that you have Faith in Him and the support from family and friends.

I pray every day that a cure for cancer is found soon.

I hope that your chemo and radiation goes well.

Try to keep your eating up~that is so important even though it can be a challenge.

Shauna has had a lot of rib pain as well. It's weird how the body reacts in strange ways through all this.

Prayers for you and your family~
Chasity
@ the wild raspberry

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

Rejoicing with your scan results and praying for hubby, home and health!

Shalom,
Denise

B His Girl said...

WOW! Great news Lisa!!!!!!!!! So happy for you and your family. Lord please sell their house. I need to ask that for us also Lord. Thank you Jesus. By your stripes we are healed. Amen. Hugs, B.....praising God for your news! WOW!

misslynda said...

Praise God for your good reports!!!
About your husband's commute - - - does he ever listen to audio books? We love doing that.

Deborah said...

That is awesome news Lisa. I will be praying that your house sells.
xxoo
Deborah
PS. Happy Easter, a little late!

Anonymous said...

I made my friend stay on the phone with me while I checked your blog today. I just wanted some good news. Not, that you don't always share the Good News, because you do. But, I am going to have a wonderful rest of the day, knowing that things are looking so healthy! Love you girl.

Love,
Dianna

Renee Swope said...

SUCH good news!!! Yay!!!

Praying now for your house to sell and your new Conover house to be ready when you are, so you can get in and get on with God's amazing plans for your life and your family!

Bernie said...

So happy you made contact with Chas, and was able to discus Shauna's cancer. I think you both can support each other.
Praying your house sells this week sweetie, I want you all together as well......:-) Hugs

Tea With Tiffany said...

Loved reading about your clear scans. Praise God.

And wow, to sell a house, that's another huge prayer. I'm on it now. May God move quickly. It's too stressful to have a house show ready all the time.

Sending you love and prayers. Glad your Easter went well.

Kimberly S said...

Praise the Lord!!! So happy for you!