home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, April 01, 2010

My "21" Days

(To visit other gals' safari adventures, click on the photo)

According to Jen, my safari sisters and I are nearly finished with a first trimester of our Safari through Daniel! Isn’t that good news? Finishing the first trimester is always exciting…All mommies, say “Amen!”

I love that Amber wrote this, "It's (spiritual weakness) not always due to neglecting our spiritual walk, sometimes it's just because we have been walking a really long time, or because there's a LOT going on, and because... well, there's a battle going on!"

I won’t lie. This week has been a hard one. Tears are coming easily. We’re all tired. There’s a lot of emotion in the fact that I’m heading to Houston in the morning for some x-rays and this treatment is on a forward-moving course. I’m feeling the combination of excitement and fear that I’ve only felt in those first few moments I’m buckled in real tight but the roller coaster hasn’t started moving yet. This is a feeling that gives me goose bumps. You know that strange place in your heart that can give way to terror if you forget where you are.

I mustn’t forget where (safe in His arms), or whose (I am His), I am.

That’s why I camped on this verse for most of the week. “Daniel, you are very precious to God…Don’t be afraid, he said, for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” Daniel 10: 11 & 19 NLT

I love Daniel 10. It’s one of my favorite stories in the Bible. Daniel has prayed to God asking him for wisdom and understanding. He prayed 21 days ago when he had the troubling vision. God immediately heard his prayer and sent an angel to minister to him giving the answers he sought, but the angel was held up in a spiritual battle, thus delaying Daniel’s receiving the answer.

I love this story because it shows how God tends to our needs but evil forces try to intercept his response to us. Sometimes we have to wait on God. Prayers release answers. Warfare in the spiritual realm really and truly affects our lives.

Even when the battle is so strong we feel like we can’t pray because we don’t know how, God himself prays for us. Sometimes our very breath is prayer that God understands. Paul talks about our sighs and God’s groans. There are some situations that require tons of prayer but leave us with no words. I’m living one. I’m so glad God hears.

“Also, the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain,” Romans 8:26 NCV

I have been so encouraged that you all have kept me present before God. On days that my words give way to sighs, you all are there right alongside the Holy Spirit to intercede on my behalf. I have found great comfort in the crowd here in bloggy land.

Listen to this. “…and his voice sounded like the roar of a crowd.” Daniel 10:6 NCV

I have definitely been ministered to and strengthened by the roar of the crowd. Take today for instance. I have already received two quotes I’m putting in my pocket to use later. My friend Mary emailed me this, “"God gives His Presence and that is better than answers" and encouraged me to read Ecclesiastes 7 where I found this, “Endings are better than beginnings. Sticking to it is better than standing out…Take a good look at God's work. Who could simplify and reduce Creation's curves and angles to a plain straight line? On a good day, enjoy yourself; On a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kinds of days So that we won't take anything for granted.”

And then I received this from Cherie, “God always has a plan...and when He has a plan...He makes the path.”

Aren’t these good words that we can all take to heart and draw strength from today?

No doubt about it! God is good— good to good people, good to the good-hearted. But I nearly missed it, missed seeing his goodness. I was looking the other way… You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful… But I'm in the very presence of God— oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!” Psalms 73:1-3 & 25-28 The Message

And I’m thanking Daniel for this reminder, “Lisa, you are very precious to God.”

10 comments:

sonja said...

Precious thoughts and verses, for you Lisa, and for each of us.

“God always has a plan...and when He has a plan...He makes the path.”

And so He is... making your path and walking it before you and beside you.

Praying.

Love,
Sonja

Jen said...

Girl, every single word of this ministers to me, but this part: "I love this story because it shows how God tends to our needs but evil forces try to intercept his response to us. Sometimes we have to wait on God. Prayers release answers. Warfare in the spiritual realm really and truly affects our lives." YES! Can I get a witness?!!

Though my battle at the moment is not the darkness of cancer, it is a battle, and I need to remind myself that God IS here, and He IS answering. The answer may be delayed somewhere in that fuzzy we-don't-quite-comprehend world while angels and demons stage a full on battle....for me. And for you.

Thank you, friend, for your good words and your always beautiful smile.

Tiffany Stuart said...

Wanted you to know I am praying for you today. As always. May God be your healer and comforter.

TRUTH SHARER said...

I pass on to you a verse from Daniel 10 that is a lifeline promise to me from God.

Daniel 10:12
Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, LISA [Daniel]. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words [prayers] were heard, and I have come in response to them."

He's never late in His response but right on perfect HRT [Heaven's Realm Time]!

May He bless your day!

{{HUGS}}
Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Jan said...

What a beautiful post Lisa :) You my dear are an inspiration to many! You must surely feel like your world is turned upside down and inside out, but you continue to hold on to your Faith, which is the very thing that will see you through :) God is smiling down on you :) Hugs!

Loren said...

Oh Lisa....I hear your heart...you are tired but I also hear your Faith and Strength that are sooo much stronger than our Flesh is. Rest in HIM and you are HIS and HE is making your path, HE does have a plan and it is just for you HIS precious one! Please know my friend that we are all here holding you up especially in these times when you feel so vulnerable and weak....we are the body and we stand for you, pray for you, hold you up and lay you at HIS feet .... remember that my dear! You are sooo very covered in Prayer in love too!

Bless you and know HE holds every tear in the palm of HIS Hand

Andrea said...

Storming the heavens,
andrea

Bernie said...

Lisa you are very precious to God, to Andrew to your children, parents, family and friends. You are precious to me, I am holding you and your family up in prayers this Easter weekend....be strong my friend and know we are all praying for you......:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Such a lovely post.

His Girl Amber said...

I didn't see this post go up!

Oh, how I have loved traveling this path with you in the land of Daniel! Who could have even imagined it would be so vital to our very existence? Amazing!!! Thank you for sticking it out friend! We're almost done... can't wait to see what God's going to do with these last couple of weeks!