home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, April 12, 2010

More to Come: The Plan

***My appointment with my oncologist is at 10:45 this morning in Houston. I will let you all know what the plan is when I know something. Please join me in prayer for wisdom, clarity and answers.***

Can you believe our time traveling through Daniel has come to an end? We just have one more stop on our safari through Daniel and that's one last chat around the campfire to share our favorite memories and sing one more round of Kum-by-ya. I'll surely be singing the loudest and crying the most happy, sad, exhausted and excited tears of all! To see what my safari sisters are saying, simply click on the picture above.

I have to admit when I typed the words more to come last week, I was really only thinking of chemo, radiation, no hair and my oncology appointment this morning. The “more” that was stuck in my mind was tied to suffering.

Over the last couple of years, God has taught me this that “Great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities!” Luke 12:48 The Lord taught me this when the responsibilities and time demands of parenting were overwhelming to me. He asked me if my blessings (children) were worth it, worth all the demands. Undoubtedly, yes they are worth it. All.

Lately, I’ve seen blessings, blessings everywhere. So, it just seemed natural that where blessings increased, suffering would increase. Or so I thought.

The Lord spoke the words, “More to come,” to me over and over again before I began to understand. There really is so much more to come. I finally get it. Let me explain.

Although our Lord suffered greatly, Jesus suffered to the point of death, He only suffered a little while. Then He overcame death and suffering for all time when He rose from the dead. Period. The victory is won.

Just as God revealed a plan to Daniel, He will reveal a plan for me. “But your people will be saved from the trouble, every last one found written in the Book… Men and women who have lived wisely and well will shine brilliantly, like the cloudless, star-strewn night skies. And those who put others on the right path to life will glow like stars forever.” Daniel 12:2-3

Do you understand God’s plan? “Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God's gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master… Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish!” Romans 6:23 & Ephesians 2:8

Just as God had a plan for his people’s sin, He has a plan for my cancer. Today I will see that plan. I know that plan will involve suffering for a little while just as Jesus suffered for a little while. And then the cancer that threatened to destroy my body will lose its power over me just as sin has lost its power on those who believe.

And all because God had a plan.

“everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name… I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.” Acts 10:43 & Revelation 3:5

14 comments:

Gretchen said...

I.am.in.awe.

Thank you, Jesus, for Your great plans for Your flock.

Just prayed for your appt w/Dr. Ravi, & will lift you up throughout the day.

Love you.

Kari said...

Despite the fact that we do not know each other...I pray that you will be comforted by and reminded by the knowledge that God is right by your side - in fact, he might be carrying you today.

His Girl said...

very excited to see what the more to come is. I confess, I sometimes forget that the more to come stuff is good good stuff from a Great Great God.

will be praying too.

Sonja said...

I'm praying specifically Lisa, right now, for wisdom and clarity and guidance today, and for special peace as you go to this appointment.

Big hugs!

Sonja

Angel Muly said...

Lisa, you are an amazing lady. Your post is just what I needed today. I will be praying for you and your appointment. I know too that God has a plan for you and I am believing the suffering will be short so the celebration can be long!! Love you, Angel

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Thank You so much for blessing me thru your posts. Even as you deal with "C" & just all of what life throws at us.
I am so glad that I found you a while back, & I will be praying today for you, as you meet & decide what course is next for you.
We are just on the other side of cancer, tomorrow we will find out from scans & such if there is more to deal with.. BUT we are trusting that this battle is behind us.
But I was so glad to read your last few posts & send along some scripture from you to our kids, who are struggling as they are Church planting, far away from family & friends & things are not going very well for them...
Thank you for that gift. It was EXACTLY what I needed this morning.
Our God is SO much bigger than "C" & He will be in that room with you today. Hugs from Michigan!!
You are a blessing to many!!!

Andrea said...

The only thing left to say is: AMEN!

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Jan said...

The best of luck to you this morning my dear! I know this day has been a long time in coming and I can only imagine all the things that must surely be going thru your mind w/regard to what lies ahead! You are in good company tho, as I'm absolutely positive that the Good Lord will be w/you :) The pictures of your family below are fantastic! I love the color you chose for everyone to where ... very becoming to all! Oh and congratulations on the offer for your "now" home and your "future" home! That's awesome :)

care-in said...

He is a great great God. It is so comforting to know He has a plan for us and it won't harm us!

Jen said...

Wonderfully said, Lisa. I cannot wait what more is to come for you, my dear safari sister!

Tiffani said...

can't believe we're wrapping it all up...

I have just learned much much much from all of you...

I wept last week like it was already our last week just in anticipation of this being over. I'm so excited and happy to have met you through this...just at the 'perfect' time to walk this road with you.

Ever-praying, Lisa.

Love u much.

B His Girl said...

Yes Lisa. That is a word for us. More. What that really means. Responsibility with our gifts.
Pray your plan came together today at the doctor appt. God is with you and ahead of you. Hugs, B

Alleluiabelle said...

I love you sweet friend. I'm just getting here to read of your appointment that took place, but know that you are in my prayers daily always.

You inspire me so much in your walk with this and it gives me great peace hearing your heart as my sister goes through her chemo treatments right now. The 3rd one coming up this coming Monday.

I am hoping and praying for the very best of treatment through our Lord's hands all over this. We are so loved by Him and He is such a comfort soothing balm to our souls.

Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle

Denise said...

You are so far beyond awesome sis, love you.