home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moving and Speaking

I sleep one more time here in this house. My home for the last eleven plus years. The first house I bought with Andrew. The first house I bought period. After this time, the next time we sleep, it will be in our new home. Our new home! That thought makes my head spin, but it also excites me. Yes, I'm feeling a tad excited! Once again I am privy to see how things can change so dramatically in just one day.

I have a huge list with lots of additional pages for the things I’m sure I’ve missed! At the very top is getting Internet service! I hope I’m not away for too long… Pray all the transitions as far as running the house go smoothly.

Another big request I have is getting plugged in quickly. I’m hoping that as I dig up my roots in College Station, I can just sink them back down deep into lake soil and become connected to the community real quickly. I am asking the Lord to give us friends immediately that we’ve felt like we’ve known forever. I am just asking for this miracle. I need relationships.

Also, I’ve noticed that my Facebook networked blogs follower widget isn’t taking people to my page when you hit follow this blog… does anyone know how to fix that? Just something not working that’s bothering me. Like my garbage disposal.

Lastly, I’m speaking in Madisonville at the Faith Baptist Church annual mother/daughter banquet next Saturday night, May 8. I would love, love to see any of you locally who can come! Daughters and women of all ages are invited. To see the details go here. To reserve your spot or purchase a ticket call Kelly Smith at the church office 936-348-3993.

13 comments:

Denise said...

Will be praying over all of these requests sis.

Patrina said...

Can't believe that you are blogging at a time like this :) you crack me up! I wouldn't have a mind left...

I Pray FAVOR for new christian friends.....You already have God's FAVOR... that's evident. Favor with God brings Favor with man...

god bless you and youor, dear Lisa

Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall

Bernie said...

This move was just meant to be, everything has happened so fast. Keeping you and your family in my heart and prayers always...Hugs

Karen said...

You always in my prayers.....great blessings of ope and peace to you and yours...."Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'"....rest in the love and protection of our Lord!

Anita said...

I've been away awhile...to come back and see that it's moving time!
Congratulations! It's the beginning of the rest of your long and wonderful life!
Blessings.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

You live in College Station, at present? My cousin and her family live there! That's so cool! Are you moving far? Praying everything goes smoothly tomorrow, and that you are not exhausted by the end of the day! Will pray for the transition, and making of friends! Love you much!! Janine XO

Shanda said...

Continuing to pray for you & your family! Enjoy your last "sleep!" It's often so bittersweet when God transplants you somewhere new. Know that transplanting often takes place just before a burst of new growth and fruit-bearing!

Blessings and hugs to you!

Andrea said...

Praying! Hang in there! You are incredible!! :o) Wish I were close enough to hear you speak. Blessings
Andrea

Renee Swope said...

Praying for you sweet friend. Covering all the details with His grace and asking Him to be your strength and your shield each step of the way.

Love yoU!
Renee

LisaShaw said...

I'm praying for your move, your health, your settling in to your new community, for your speaking engagement and for your dear family.

I'm sure GOD has something awesome planned!

Love and hugs.

Karen said...

Am praying for all your desires.I am very sure it won't be long before you have more friends than you count!.....blessings

Jen said...

Praying you have a smooth transition to the new house and the new community. I will be praying that God sends you the exact friends He has already custom picked for you!
Much love, and hurry back soon!!
xoxoxo

Kierstyn said...

Hi Lisa! I've been on your blog a few times, and just saw that you were moving to CS. I live ib CS! Please feel free to e-mail me if you need directiond to the good groccery stores. the scoop on good places to eat, things for the kids to do, or anything else! I can also let you know where my family and I attend church.

Kierstyn: kierstynkrajca@hotmail.com