home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, March 12, 2010

Unfolding Grace

Today hasn't been too terribly eventful. We've enjoyed the sunshine, straightened the house, relaxed in honor of spring break and shared time with good friends. All things worth enjoying!!

I did get a call from the wonderful and beautiful Lynn Grimes to tell me my next consult has been scheduled for April 12---UGH! That seems so far away but we are once again, going to start struggling with insurance issues and so I asked her not to move it up until I can get those issues straightened out. Pray that comes quickly this time and we can move that up. When I asked about chemo/radiation she said usually tumors less than 5 cm (T1 tumors) do not require further treatment BUT high grade requires treatment. So Dr. Hunt said there would need to be multiple opinions and more research done to make that determination. Also, the radiologists at MD Anderson are currently reading my PET scan to give their opinion on the pelvic area. I'll keep ya posted.

My April 12 appointment is scheduled with Dr. Ravi.

I'll let you all go so you can Google him. haha!!

Have a wonderful and relaxing Friday night!!

"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace." 2 Corinthians 4:16
Thanks for this word of truth today, Stephanie!

Being made new on the inside by unfolding grace,

10 comments:

misslynda said...

Will your doctors or the American Cancer Society give nutritional guidelines, too? We have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor of over 20 years. She had a rough prognosis in the beginning so she researched the best diet and then disciplined herself to deny herself sweets and go as natural as possible on other foods. I don't know if that's a help to know or not.
Praise God that you continue to shine HIS light and give HIM glory through all of this.

Laura said...

I'm glad you are enjoying this beautiful weather, Lisa. I'll be praying about your consult and continue to pray about the insurance. Love to you.

Melanie Redd said...

Hey Lisa,

I love the verse that you shared today! What a great reminder not to ever give up!

Thanks too for your courage and hope as you bravely face your illness.

Blessings to you this weekend...
Melanie

TRUTH SHARER said...

Lisa:

I'm so glad that this Scripture spoke to you. God continues to put it in my face weekly - sometimes daily - so much that I've now memorized it [in this paraphrase] becasue it speaks so much to my own heart about never giving up on His Unfolding Grace!

May it always be His reminder to you as well!

{{Hugs}}
Stephanie
JESUS ONLY i 2010

Faye said...

Lisa this is great..Just know you are always in my heart and prayers..Love you:)

Nana Jul said...

I thank God for His daily grace! What a Great verse!! His Timing is awesome too!! Praying, praying praying!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

“is it working”, “what next”, “is it back"? Seems impossible not to go there.

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof.

I hope you take strength from all the hugs that are coming your way, both from those of us far away and those in the next room.

Love you,

Dianna

Deborah said...

Have a restful weekend. I am so glad you are having beautiful weather. It is pouring like crazy in New England. April 12 will be here before you now it! I will also pray for your insurance issues to get straightened out.
xxoo
Deborah

Andrea said...

Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to visit today. You are a blessing! I have been praying for you daily. Praying for peace to fill your heart as you wait to hear the 'opinions'.
Blessings!
Andrea

Denise said...

You shine so brightly, love you dearly.