home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday, Bloggy Sunday

HisGirl Amber, me & Sing4Joy

I've had a wonderfully long and full day. The weather is Texas perfect, a sunny, breezy 81 degrees and perfectly lovely.

My Sunday started off at Starbucks. Don't think it can get much better? Hang on! My Sunday started off at Starbucks where I met Sing4Joy and HisGirlof Safari fame. We had a giggly, totally natural and unweird in a real life way despite the fact we've only been online friends until now.

I love these girls and their group because well, they're the perfect mix of brainy, beauty and just plain funny. Their comments on my blog are always full of truth and make me crack up at the same time. That's a tricky combination that they seem to have down real well.

I got the whole cousins connection worked out and that rocked. I mean, what kind of tricked out eighties style truck could unite cousins like the one of HisGirl's hubby??? (Ask her, she'll tell you all about the time she singlehandedly got that cool truck keyed and he married her anyway...true love, I tell ya!)

me with cousin one
me with cousin two

I got to witness S4J's hubby calling from Iraq and feel like I was serving our country well by giving up some of my precious minutes with her so she could encourage our troops. You should all stop by her place, check out her awesome photos, tell her thanks for her many sacrifices and read her toothbrush story while you're there. I'm just sayin' there's a laugh there for ya.

Then we decided that since we finished sipping our coffee and all and still had some time to kill that they would lead me on my virgin letterboxing voyage. We conquered the letterbox of the cry of the wolf and well, it was kinda fun. And did I mention it's free? Hello spring break entertainment! I mean, my kids treasure hunt in the backyard. Just imagine how psyched they'll be to go on a real life treasure hunt...score one for mom! Just for the record, you should know that they made me, the cancer victim fresh out of surgery a mere two weeks ago, dig for the heavily buried letter box. (ha!) and that's where I got a big ol' ginormous splinter in my finger. Waaah! Thankfully it came out without requiring a second surgery. (wink, wink)

Honestly, the friendship these women have offered me in the wake of my cancer diagnosis has been overwhelming. They've offered love, godly counsel, laughter, hope, consideration, a little fun and most importantly deep, earnest prayer, bunches and bunches of it, all on my behalf. Meeting them was wonderful and heartwarming and an experience I'll count as one of my most treasured gifts in this life.

"everyone is the friend of a person who gives gifts!" Proverbs 19:6

There will be more stories from this day. You can count on that!

Ciao!

17 comments:

Gigi said...

I just LOVE hearing stories of how our precious Lord connects us and weaves our lives together! Looking forward to the tales - bring 'em on!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a fun and special day...so glad you were able to enjoy it...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a fun and special day...so glad you were able to enjoy it...

TRUTH SHARER said...

Oh how special this is!!! How blessed you all were to meet each other! There is nothing like the connection that we have in Christ this side of glory!

May you meet many more who pray for you as you pray for them! God's connections are REAL LIFE HAPPENINGS!!!

Loved your sharing this with us! Wish I could have been there - but perhaps another day!

Love and {{hugs}}!!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS ONLY in 2010

Andrea said...

What a beautiful day. I praise GOD you had this wonderful day with wonderful friends...HE certainly knows how to "cheer a heart."

Sorry, I haven't been by much the last few days. I have been a little under the weather. However, when you can't breath..you can't sleep and that always lends to valuable prayer time and you my dear are at the top of the list. So even when you don't hear from me...know and trust that I am praying wherever I am or whatever I am doing!!
Big hugs, love, and lots of prayers,
andrea

Jen said...

a. I'm totally jealous.
b. You all look fabulous.
c. I just stopped and said a prayer, thanking God for bringing such wonderful women into my life, even if it is via the blogging world.
d. I love ya!!

Cindy Bultema said...

What a fun story! Thanks for sharing, Lisa! Isn't God good?? :)

And I love that you went letter boxing! We do that often here in Michigan. I try to get my friends excited about it, but they just look at me confused. My heart smiled when I thought of you out there digging up the box. Did you have a special leopard print rubber stamp to use once you unburied the treasure?? :)

May the Lord continue to fill your week with sunshine, friendship, joy, love, and a whole bunch of fun!!

In Him,
Cindy :)
*She Sparkles*

His Girl said...

you.are.the.best!!!!

The blessing was all ours! What a fantastic God-sized day!

Bernie said...

Oh Lisa, I am so pleased that you had such a fun day with 2 beautiful blogging buddies. I love it and what about that weather 81 degrees......WOW

Now please tell me what in heavens name is letter boxing? I have never heard of it before....so pleased with this post my friend.

Keeping you and your family in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

Andrea said...

Love it! So glad God has blessed you so richly with your 'new' friends. And you look awesome by the way! :o) Glowing.
Blessings
A

Tiffani said...

Well, if that ain't just good ol' plain fun I don't know what IS!!

So excited you got this experience. My very dearest friend came from blogworld and now it's as if our lives were never without one another and blogging seems so NOT the tie that binds us any longer...I know you'll have lifelong friendships from your meetings with these precious girls.

I'd love to hug your neck too!

Always praying!

Tiffani

B His Girl said...

The Lord is sending you blessings Lisa. So glad you had fun with His girls! B

Deborah said...

What a great way to spend your Sunday! Even starting at Starbucks! How lucky is that!!!
I love Starbucks, I chuckled when I read that!!!
Your friends seem nice.
I'm glad your having good weather. It is pouring in New England since Friday....YIKES
Have a great day!
xxoo
Deborah

Gretchen said...

So thrilled for you all. What a God-orchestrated trip/meeting.

Lurve ya, Lisa.

lurve ya, Amb.

Lurve ya, S4J.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

There's nothing like girl time. I'm glad you got you some!

Debbie said...

Lisa, I'm so glad you had a fun time with bloggy friends. Don't you just love our bloggy world? We have the opportunity to love on one another, encourage one another and pray for one another.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Denise said...

Such beautiful pictures.