home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quickly

This is just a quick update to fill you in on a few prayer requests and reports we have.

1. Our Scott and White hearing is Friday at noon. Pray justice would be served, the jury panel would see me as a person fighting to save my life and not a number. Pray Scott and White will take advantage of this final opportunity to do the right thing.

2. I am being scheduled for a rib series to run some scans and tests on my bones and specifically my ribs to see what is causing the pain.

3. Pray I get MDACC's read on my PET scan soon.

4. Praise that I "met" someone who is a patient of Dr. R at MDACC and he treated their cancer very aggressively thus saving their life. This person had a soft tissue sarcoma in their heart that had spread to lungs and liver. I'm feeling extremely positive about seeing him now.

5. Pray that the April 12 appointment gets moved up to the first part of April.

6. Pray for our family that we would spread the fame and honor of Our Lord wherever we go and to all we meet.

And how blessed all those in whom you live,
whose lives become roads you travel;
Look at our shields, glistening in the sun,
our faces, shining with your gracious anointing.
One day spent in your house, this beautiful place of worship,
beats thousands spent on Greek island beaches.
I'd rather scrub floors in the house of my God
than be honored as a guest in the palace of sin.
All sunshine and sovereign is God,
generous in gifts and glory.
He doesn't scrimp with his traveling companions.
It's smooth sailing all the way with God-of-the-Angel-Armies.
Psalm 84:5 & 9-12 The Message

Spreading his glory,

11 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for all of your needs sis, love you.

Bernie said...

I have covered all your request in prayer......amazing news about the patient you met, what a wonderful example of God's work.
Praying for you and your family always.......:-) Hugs

Andrea said...

Storming the heavens with you. Thank you so very much for keeping us updated so that we can pray more specifically. You are an inspiration to each of us. You continue to "fight the good fight."
Hugs, andrea

Renee Swope said...

Thanks for the updates and specific prayer requests. Praying for each of them and thanking our "Way-maker" for the ways He is working for you, in you and around you!!!

Isaiah 42:16
I will lead Lisa and her famioly by ways she has not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Hugs and prayers!
Renee

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you this morning.

Love,

Dianna

Christiana said...

You have been so faithful to spread God's fame and honor - and I know you will continue to do so. It flows out of you uncontrollably.

You are in my prayers, sweet friend. I am proud of your courage, your determination to fight, and the testimony of God's greatness that you are leaving in your wake. Praying for you to have the strength to continue full steam ahead.

Much love to you & yours.

Jan said...

All prayer requests granted Lisa! God's Speed my dear :)

Messy Mommy said...

Placing your prayer button on my Prayer is Power prayer request page. I feature bloggers each week sharing how the power of prayer has affected their lives. I would be honored if you'd be interested in sharing your story.

Amanda said...

You'll be in my prayers!

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. But... what an inspiration this will be when you are healed for all to see God's love.

Lora said...

Thank you for more specifics Lisa. Love you dearie. Praying for you too!